Travis Justice stepping down as Sports Director at KMTV

sarge87

Travis Justice just announced on his weekly SportsSoundoff Program with co-host Rob Zatechka that he will be stepping down as sports director at KMTV 3 to work for a local Omaha construction outfit in their public affairs office.

Justice created SportsSoundoff seven years ago which coincided with Steve Pedersen's firing of then Husker Head Coach Frank Solich. It was a unique local program which took live callers on the air and answered various questions about mainly Husker Football. Former Husker QB Tommie Frasier was Justice's co-host/analyst for the first few shows until a more permanent co-host/analyst was filled by Former Husker OG Rob Zatechka. Zatechka's tell-it-like-it-is uncensored analysis of the state of Husker Football made the show quite interesting to watch, seeing it through the eyes of a former player.

It has not been decided if the show will continue with a new host, or at all, at this time.

Justice will continue to fulfill the rest of his contract duties calling the play-by-play of Creighton Blue Jay Basketball on KMTV 3.

Travis Justice just announced on his weekly SportsSoundoff Program with co-host Rob Zatechka that he will be stepping down as sports director at KMTV 3 to work for a local Omaha construction outfit in their public affairs office.

Justice created SportsSoundoff seven years ago which coincided with Steve Pedersen's firing of then Husker Head Coach Frank Solich. It was a unique local program which took live callers on the air and answered various questions about mainly Husker Football. Former Husker QB Tommie Frasier was Justice's co-host/analyst for the first few shows until a more permanent co-host/analyst was filled by Former Husker OG Rob Zatechka. Zatechka's tell-it-like-it-is uncensored analysis of the state of Husker Football made the show quite interesting to watch, seeing it through the eyes of a former player.

It has not been decided if the show will continue with a new host, or at all, at this time.

Zatechka's is pretty good in this role

Zatechka's is pretty good in this role

I would hope they would continue this during football season maybe with Rob at the helm, because he always has an interesting insiders view and he articulates it very well.

I've always liked T-Justice (whether it was Chan 3 or KPTM)...though I know a lot of people thought he was a pompous ass. Liked listening to him on Z-92 and on TV. With this and opening his coffee shops...sounds like he's had enough of the media game...at least from the on-air end.

Justice will continue to fulfill the rest of his contract duties calling the play-by-play of Creighton Blue Jay Basketball on KMTV 3.

Yeah, I like Rob....he does a good job. I like listening to him as well after husker games.

Here's the press release........

Meyers-Carlisle-Leapley President Robert Carlisle announced the addition of Travis Justice as Director Of Business Development. Justice will officially join the company on January 19.

For the past 16 years, Justice has served as sports director at two different Omaha television stations, the last eight at KMTV Channel 3. An award-winning journalist, Justice developed and produced Sports Soundoff and served as the play-by-play announcer for Creighton University men's basketball games.

"Travis not only brings business knowledge and respect in our community, but he also has great leadership qualities that are key to our success," said Carlisle.

"All my life I have been around great teams," Justice said. "The team at Meyers-Carlisle-Leapley is committed to integrity, excellence and great customer service. I am truly excited about the opportunity to contribute to a first class organization."

On time and on budget for more than 22 years, Meyers-Carlisle-Leapley Construction believes that every owner's project is equally important regardless of size. It's the attention to detail throughout the construction process that delivers quality craftsmanship as well as long lasting, productive relationships.

Wow.

Isn't it almost every man's dream to be able follow sports and GET PAID FOR IT??? I know the media business isn't a high paying job but c'mon!!! You leave a job with so many perks for construction???? Are you kidding me?? Did his balls drop off or something??

Could of at least opened a sports bar, or a restaurant. But construction???

Isn’t the show going to continue with that squeaky voiced guy that covers for Travis from time to time?

That press release was in the OWH Money section earlier last week. It had a goofy Senior Picture style photo of Travis.

FWIW: I have always thought Travis was a turd and he didn’t know much about sports outside of NU and CU basketball. Sure he was a local guy but if you have the name of Sports Director you should at least know who is the league leader in Home Runs or the leading scorer in the NBA. I also thought that Dr. Rob was what made Soundoff watchable.

Wow.

Isn't it almost every man's dream to be able follow sports and GET PAID FOR IT??? I know the media business isn't a high paying job but c'mon!!! You leave a job with so many perks for construction???? Are you kidding me?? Did his balls drop off or something??

Could of at least opened a sports bar, or a restaurant. But construction???

He did or does own a couple coffee shops somewhere in Omaha called City Brew.