Maine not impressed with NU???

Foppa

"Actually, I think Montana was the loudest place I've ever played," Knox said. "I never expected to be playing at Nebraska. It won't be mind-blowing."

Knox is a safety/linebacker for Maine.

Maybe Nebraska needs to change his mind for him, huh? :thumbs

p-JustinKnox.jpg

His Bio from the Maine athletic site

2004: Saw action in seven games ... Made two tackles on the season with both coming against Northeastern (10/23) ... Was named a Maine Scholar-Athlete.

2 tackles in 7 games?

2003: Played in ten games, with eleven total tackles ... Had four tackles at Hofstra (9/6) ... Recovered a fumble against Massachusetts (9/20) ... Recorded a tackle for loss at Morgan State (11/8) ... Had three kickoff returns on the season for 40 yards, including a long of 17 yards

2002: Sat out the season as a redshirt.

2001: Saw action in five games as a true freshman, primarily on special teams.

I feel sorry for this guy. He is going to get crushed by Cory Ross's thick thighs or Cody Glenn's power. 17 games and only 13 tackles. Heck, even Bo Rudd has more tackles then that. Rudd played in 11 games last year and finished with 17 tackles. Ruud is a soph this year, Knox is a senior. :blink:

Here is a stadium photo of the Maine Black Bears

orono_alfond.jpg

Capacity is 10,980 fans. The seating capacity is almost what you would find in 90% of high school stadiums in Texas. Actually, i think one high school in the Dallas-Fort Worth area has a 15,000 seating capacity, which beats them out.

you are correct sir, hell here is a high school in mesquite my sister went to but i never got to...played on the field in junior high, 20K

tbhs_MemorialMesquite.jpg

Bigger stadiums than that in Texas High School football and you bet they pack em' out on rivalry night, stupid maine LB

the biggest i could find was san antonio 23K

tbhs_AlamoSA.jpg

get real MAINE, your in for some real shock, did W. Illnois talk sh#t???

Top TX HS Stadiums :box

your images didnt come up (i think the owner has resricted direct linking for bandwidth purposes). So i just saved them and uploaded them to my album. Here they are

ALAMO STADIUM (23,00 capacity)

Home teams: Brackenridge, Burbank, Edison, Fox Tech, Highlands, Sam Houston, Jefferson, and Lanier

alamo.jpg

Anyone else find it funny that 10 HIGH SCHOOLS in Texas can beat out a college teams stadium? Man, there is some serious cash flowing around in Texas. High school teams in Texas must have larger athletic budgets then Maine.

Mesquite Stadium (Capacity 12,500)

mesq.jpg

I think we are over doing it a bit. The kid did not make a derogative remark. He has confidence in his ability. He did not disrespect us he just stated it will not be mind blowing. Some people have that type of confidence, fear no evil so to speak.

You need to have confidence going into battle. I think that is all he was saying. I think we are way to protective of our beloved Huskers at times.

I too agree he will be impressed, but intimitdated by the stadium, who knows. But I would bet if he is intimidated and he is asked about it after the game, his response will be the correct one.

We need to admire, confidence, determination, loyalty and motivation, whether it be a Nebraska player or our opponent.

I respect this kid for making a positive comment about his program.

I too agree he will be impressed, but intimitdated by the stadium, who knows.  But I would bet if he is intimidated and he is asked about it after the game, his response will be the correct one. 

Uh huh :wacko:

I would like to ask him DURING the game, when he's on the sidelines watching his offense trying to run their first series...(introduce 78,000 fans yelling)

Me-"Uhh...Hey Knox?"

Knox-"What?"

Me-"Hey KNOX!"

Knox-"WHAT?!?!"

Me-"Can you hear me?"

Knox-"WHAT???"

Me-"What do you think of the game?"

Knox-"You think I'm g--?!?! Why would you say that???

Me-"NO, I said what do you think of the game, the atmosphere?"

Knox-"Oh...yes, we're HERE! We're playing good!"

Me-"Why did your QB just throw an interception?"

Knox-"OH! Yes, my perception is that we're good!"

Me-"Yeah, well, we just scored!"

Knox-"Sure, New Hampshire is LORD! But we'll beat them someday!"

GBR

He has confidence in his ability.

Where is making crowd noise comparison, confidence...

He did not disrespect us he just stated it will not be mind blowing.

Correct but stupid comments should be treated as such

I think we are way to protective of our beloved Huskers at times. 

We are just comparing stadiums not teams. Memorial Stadium versus Montana which he said was loud :bang

We need to admire, confidence, determination, loyalty and motivation, whether it be a Nebraska player or our opponent. 

Agreed if indeed thats what he was expressing however I just look at what he said and disputed it I dont try to read into his thoughts behind what he said.

I respect this kid for making a positive comment about his program.

Where did he make a positive comment about his program???:bang

"Actually, I think Montana was the loudest place I've ever played," Knox said. "I never expected to be playing at Nebraska. It won't be mind-blowing."

Living in the past Foppa.

These kids now days have played for years. They have counselors that teach them to over come preasure. They do not fear fans. Noise will be bothersom, but no intimidation.

They fear and are intimidated by bigger, faster, smarter, meaner and better coached athletes. Southern Miss never feared us, Mississippi never feared us and you really think ISU fears us. Things of the past.

If we start beating every ones ass on a regular basis then and only then will they be intimidated by coming to Nebraska, and it won't be the stadium or the fans. But we are on our way back to those days. But give the credit where it is due. The staff and the players will have to cause the intimidation factor. Be afraid, very afraid.

My son raced professional Motocross, 75,000 fans screaming, noise form the bikes, the difficulty of the track. His coments were he could not hear a single thing, during the race it was silent except for his bike and the others near him. Athletes can be bothered by noise, hearing the plays, but not frightened by it.

Things have changed in todays sports. We as a group may cause a false start or a dropped pass, and of course that could change a game. But it is a very little part of the game anymore. We have a reputation as being good fans. None of them fear being beat or things thrown at them while on the field. No shot guns going off in their ears. We really are a pretty tame invironment compared to some stadiums.

He never in any way disrespected this program. He said the loudest place he ever played was Montana. He thinks he will be able to handle the situation.

Nothing negative, alot of positive. Respect of our program, but loyalty to his. He feels he has a chance.

Did you expect him to say, well my Pee Wee game had 29 people and they all knew my name. I know we have no chance because we will never hear a play.

We have a player that just made the coment that he did not think there was a single team on our schedule that could beat us. Most endoresed that coment. A positive attitude. He did not disrespect another team. He has never played in major college football game. He does not know what to expect from top level programs either.

He just stated he thought he could handle it. That would come from confidence in his ability and program.

Same situation.