Next Season

I'm scared that this is the expectation much of Husker Nation will take into next season, and the result could potentially be PO'd fans.

I mean, you have to realize we are approaching a high level of success. 10 win season, that's a pretty high level of success at the highest levels of college football competition. It's something that is so hard for a program to get to and even harder to maintain. So now that we're here, I would say don't assume that things will just keep continue going up. It's going to be a battle from now on to just maintain this level, and some years, we won't reach it, while other years, we'll exceed it.

To expect great things is fine: as long as we are not unable to accept a little less too.

First of all, nice avatar. J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

I like what Bo is doing and think he has us on the right path, but already deciding the record for next year is dangerous. Leave a little room for them to surprise you. I don't believe there are too many teams out there, with no proven qb to take the helm, that are predicting greatness for next year. The coach can say all he wants about our D being better, but I will take a wait and see attitude.

Any other thoughts? Yeah, just this one, did you see the water tanks on the chick from Mad Men on the Golden Globes tonight? I might have to start watching that show!

Well the way i see it. It should be a 10 win season or better next year with an improved offense. If the offense is no better than what it was this year? Then i expect Bo to make some staff changes on the offensive side of the ball. If we had a working offense this year, we should have been in a BCS bowl.

Husker fans will expect a much improved offense and the same defense they saw this year for 2010. If not, there will be no BCS bowl, but more importantly, Husker fans will want answers and results from Bo.

:wasted I am not going to drink the Kool Aid until I see what kind of offense we can put on the field in the fall. But I do expect to win the North Division, if we don't do that, the season will be a total disappointment. Winning the Big XII would be nice, but lets see what the South comes up with this year...they have a habit of reloading down there pretty fast.

I am really excited about next season, but was talking to another Husker fan at the gym last week (random in Georgia) and we both agreed that we don't want to get duped into another 2007 situation. I remember reading things in the summer before that year claiming that Nebraska had FINALLY turned the corner with Callahan and were predicted to win the BIG XII and play in the Fiesta Bowl. Now, the pieces seem to be there much more for next season than they did for 2007, but I still can't help but be worried that we're walking into a similar situation. Also, it seems that every year, one or two of those teams in the Top 10 crap the bed (Ole Miss) who everyone had been so excited about.

I can see what you're saying and somewhere deep inside of me I would be really upset if we lost 2 games or more, but I don't want to get all excited and get my expectations really high. I would hate the letdown that would come with a season that didn't live up to my expectations. It's scary to think that Bo and Suh have said that the defense next season will be 5 times better. Can you imagine that? :hellloooo

Well the way i see it. It should be a 10 win season or better next year with an improved offense. If the offense is no better than what it was this year? Then i expect Bo to make some staff changes on the offensive side of the ball. If we had a working offense this year, we should have been in a BCS bowl.

Husker fans will expect a much improved offense and the same defense they saw this year for 2010. If not, there will be no BCS bowl, but more importantly, Husker fans will want answers and results from Bo.

:yeah