going to my first husker game!!

going to drive down from canada (manitoba 10 hours straight north!) going with a few buddies and we are going to go to the game vs texas in october! really excited about it will be my first cornhuskers home game, and i was wondering what some of the things youd recommend to do pre game and post game in lincoln!!! also 3 of us are nebraska fans with 1 being a texas fan is it safe to walk around town wearing texas stuff? haha it aint me just wondering for my buddy

going to drive down from canada (manitoba 10 hours straight north!) going with a few buddies and we are going to go to the game vs texas in october! really excited about it will be my first cornhuskers home game, and i was wondering what some of the things youd recommend to do pre game and post game in lincoln!!! also 3 of us are nebraska fans with 1 being a texas fan is it safe to walk around town wearing texas stuff? haha it aint me just wondering for my buddy

Thats awesome! Hope you have a great time. And send this to your buddy --> :hookerhorns

Thats awesome! Hope you have a great time. And send this to your buddy --> :hookerhorns

oh yeah we all make a good effort to mention the name SUHHHH at least once a day at work hahaha

oh yeah we all make a good effort to mention the name SUHHHH at least once a day at work hahaha

Thats awesome. Does he cringe? Or does he pull a Favre and just fall right down?? :LOLtartar

Thats awesome. Does he cringe? Or does he pull a Favre and just fall right down?? :LOLtartar

he bows his head in disappointment and doesn't say much haha...the ironic thing is he is also a rams fan.....and im pretty sure Suh will be the #1 overall pick haha

Let me guess...he's gonna be one second late getting into the car <_<

Seriously, enjoy yourself! Made it to my first game this past fall and despite the loss to TTU, my wife and I had ag reate time!! We're already planning our trip for the Texas game as well!

Which brings up the idea/question...is anyone on here going to throw a Huskerboard Tailgate 2010 during the Texas game?

Hope you have a good time and a safe trip to Gods Country. What I recommend anybody going to the game is to arrive a few hours before kickoff. If you're going to tailgate before the game I'd show up 4-5 hours before kickoff that way you'll have time to eat some good food, drink plenty of beer, and BS with other Husker fans tailgating around you that way you won't feel rushed.

Also before you tailgate I'd go down to the stadium and check out the weight room, the new Heisman room, and maybe pick up some merchandise at the Authentic Husker store right across the street on the westside of the stadium. If you wish to check out the stadium and suck after you get done tailgating thats up to but it'll be really packed and a cluster and thats why I suggested checking out those things before you tailgate.

Walk around the stadium taking pictures of the statues on the east and northside of the stadium and most of all yell out "GO BIG RED" too. Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions just ask around and we'll help you out.

Awesome, have a great time. Definitely get into town several hours before game time to take in the atmosphere. As was mentioned, go check out the trophies, statues, etc. and take in some tailgating. What kind of food, what type of activities would you like to indulge in?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you become a husker fan? are you a transplant from Nebraska?

Hope you have a good time and a safe trip to Gods Country. What I recommend anybody going to the game is to arrive a few hours before kickoff. If you're going to tailgate before the game I'd show up 4-5 hours before kickoff that way you'll have time to eat some good food, drink plenty of beer, and BS with other Husker fans tailgating around you that way you won't feel rushed.

Also before you tailgate I'd go down to the stadium and check out the weight room, the new Heisman room, and maybe pick up some merchandise at the Authentic Husker store right across the street on the westside of the stadium. If you wish to check out the stadium and suck after you get done tailgating thats up to but it'll be really packed and a cluster and thats why I suggested checking out those things before you tailgate.

Walk around the stadium taking pictures of the statues on the east and northside of the stadium and most of all yell out "GO BIG RED" too. Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions just ask around and we'll help you out.

Awesome, have a great time. Definitely get into town several hours before game time to take in the atmosphere. As was mentioned, go check out the trophies, statues, etc. and take in some tailgating. What kind of food, what type of activities would you like to indulge in?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you become a husker fan? are you a transplant from Nebraska?

thanks for all the advice guys really appreciate it....must say nebraska fans seem to be the most friendly fans ive ever been around and ive been to games at Berkeley to watch Cal, Minnesota to watch the gophers and LA to watch the Trojans....none of them were really that friendly!! were all 24 and 25 years old so i guess another question would be which clubs to go to post game to hangout with the fine ladies of lincoln!! As far as how i became a nebraska fan, when i first got into football my favorite player was Ahman Green and that really got me into watching cornhusker games!! but also where i am at is Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and its directly north of nebraska, south dakota, north dakota and since the Dakotas do not have a division 1 football program it was the closest and most celebrated football program to where i am at (minnesota gophers do not belong in the same sentence as nebraska)

thanks for all the advice guys really appreciate it....must say nebraska fans seem to be the most friendly fans ive ever been around and ive been to games at Berkeley to watch Cal, Minnesota to watch the gophers and LA to watch the Trojans....none of them were really that friendly!! were all 24 and 25 years old so i guess another question would be which clubs to go to post game to hangout with the fine ladies of lincoln!! As far as how i became a nebraska fan, when i first got into football my favorite player was Ahman Green and that really got me into watching cornhusker games!! but also where i am at is Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and its directly north of nebraska, south dakota, north dakota and since the Dakotas do not have a division 1 football program it was the closest and most celebrated football program to where i am at (minnesota gophers do not belong in the same sentence as nebraska)

That's great. I always like to hear stories of fans that weren't born and raised Nebraska fans...

Anyways, If I were to make some bar/club recommendations I would go with the following.

Start your day by getting some chicken wings from Watering Hole... amazing (the grilled wings are the best, forget what they typically refer to them as)

bars for post game...

Iguana's - usually lots of decent looking ladies, nice atmosphere, perfect setup for meeting some new people.

Mainstreet - Usually decent deals for drinks, pretty packed on most occasions

Sandy's - Extremely busy, but they are known for their Elk Creek Water (basically a pitcher of this mixed drink, similar to a screwdriver)

Cliff's - Right next to the watering hole. They are known for their "kamikaze's" (mixed drinks that cost 7 dollars, but get you drunk in a hurry... about 5 different kind of alcohol in each. Not a great place to meet and greet new people, so might be worth slamming a couple there and then heading out)

Brass Rail - pumpin tunes for people to dance... always people dancing here.

In my perfect night I would go in this order:

Watering Hole for wings and cold pitchers, next door to Cliffs for a Kamikaze or two, next door to Mainstreet for a beer, and then over to Iguanas to finish off the night. If I get tuned up enough I will move on to the Brass Rail to do some dancing, but that is rare.