Strikeforce miami

Probably a lot of people tuning in just to see Herschel Walker.

Based on what I just looked up in the last 5 minutes:

My picks in RED

Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims

Herschel Walker vs. Greg Nagy

Melvin Manhoef vs. Robbie Lawler

Marloes Coenen vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (Strikeforce Women's Champion)

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis (Open Welterweight Title)

I'm not a big fan of the Diaz boys, but their style seems to frustrate their opponents into doing dumb things.

Probably a lot of people tuning in just to see Herschel Walker.

Based on what I just looked up in the last 5 minutes:

My picks in RED

Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims

Herschel Walker vs. Greg Nagy

Melvin Manhoef vs. Robbie Lawler

Marloes Coenen vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (Strikeforce Women's Champion)

Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis (Open Welterweight Title)

I'm not a big fan of the Diaz boys, but their style seems to frustrate their opponents into doing dumb things.

I agree with all your picks. Although I'm really not sure about the Lashley/Sims fight. Really pulling for Sims. Not sure if Lashley is going to have his mind in the right place considering he does TNA wrestling along with MMA.

Does anybody know anything about the guy Lawler is fighting ? I hadn't heard anything about him untill I saw this car.

He fights for K-1 a lot. Has a lot of knockout power show you can bet this fight will stay standing and somebody is going to get knocked out. If I recall correctly he has 24 wins and 23 of those have come by TKO or KO. I actually look for him to win this fight. He just has some trouble on the ground but I don't see Lawler taking him to the ground so he should be fine.

When did Diaz leave the UFC?

Nick hasn't been in the UFC since 2006 I believe. It's been quite a while. His brother Nate is still in the UFC which is maybe what you are thinking about.

Does anybody know anything about the guy Lawler is fighting ? I hadn't heard anything about him untill I saw this car.

He fights for K-1 a lot. Has a lot of knockout power show you can bet this fight will stay standing and somebody is going to get knocked out. If I recall correctly he has 24 wins and 23 of those have come by TKO or KO. I actually look for him to win this fight. He just has some trouble on the ground but I don't see Lawler taking him to the ground so he should be fine.

When did Diaz leave the UFC?

Nick hasn't been in the UFC since 2006 I believe. It's been quite a while. His brother Nate is still in the UFC which is maybe what you are thinking about.

Ah, that's why, I thought I was loosing it in my old age.

I wasn't as big a K-1 fan, I thought PRIDE was a bit better, but not as good as UFC...

I wish Manhoef had finished off Lawler. I can't stand that pr!@k. It was a pretty good showing by him otherwise. Lashley was obviously the better fighter in their bout, but I think the ref should have let them work a little longer.

As for the Herschel Walker fight, Come on GSG, I can't believe you took that tomato can Nagy. You didn't even give Walker you senior citizen sympathy vote? :lol: I didn't think Herschel looked too bad at all. He is obviously athletic and has fought competitively before. He did look pretty stiff in the lower body, but he was able to over power his opponent and controlled the fight from the start. You can't ask much more than that for his first fight......at age 47!

The main event was O.K. not great. Zamronskis (?) was game for awhile but couldn't maintain the power in his punches, and Diaz just out boxed him with that awkward overhand style of his. And let's face it letting your opponent back you into the cage and beat on your thighs for the first two minutes of the fight isn't a smart strategy either. It's not surprising this one only lasted one round.

I would recap the ladies fight, but it went like this.........She Hulk beats on blonde, blonde falls on back. She hulk beats on blonde some more, blonde tries to stand, She Hulk beats on blonde, blonde falls on back, repeat.

I wish Manhoef had finished off Lawler. I can't stand that pr!@k. It was a pretty good showing by him otherwise. Lashley was obviously the better fighter in their bout, but I think the ref should have let them work a little longer.

As for the Herschel Walker fight, Come on GSG, I can't believe you took that tomato can Nagy. You didn't even give Walker you senior citizen sympathy vote? :lol: I didn't think Herschel looked too bad at all. He is obviously athletic and has fought competitively before. He did look pretty stiff in the lower body, but he was able to over power his opponent and controlled the fight from the start. You can't ask much more than that for his first fight......at age 47!

The main event was O.K. not great. Zamronskis (?) was game for awhile but couldn't maintain the power in his punches, and Diaz just out boxed him with that awkward overhand style of his. And let's face it letting your opponent back you into the cage and beat on your thighs for the first two minutes of the fight isn't a smart strategy either. It's not surprising this one only lasted one round.

I would recap the ladies fight, but it went like this.........She Hulk beats on blonde, blonde falls on back. She hulk beats on blonde some more, blonde tries to stand, She Hulk beats on blonde, blonde falls on back, repeat.

:lol: I picked Nagy based off "experience" alone. I was definitely not expecting that Herschel Walker to show up. Consider me impressed.

Lawler showed everyone that it only takes 1 to put somebody on their ass. If Manhoef was a little more agressive when he wobbled Lawler, he would have won.

I still can't enjoy a women's fight. Cyborg isn't girly enough for me to be attracted to, but either way, watching 2 women beat on each other doesn't seem right if they aren't covered in KY, Jell-O, chocolate pudding, etc. ;)

Lashley is going to be pretty good, but that fight was stopped way too early.

Can't stand the Diaz boys, but Nick did exactly what I thought he would. He confused Zamournikanakis (wtf?) and got him to stand with him and out-boxed the sh!t out of him. Zaromskis seems to have a pretty good chin though.