Texas turns down NU/ESPN for Thursday night game...

I don't know why there is so much hate for Thursday night FB games. Hell I think the more CFB is televised the better!

I can't be the only one that thinks good football is good football regardless of the name on the jerseys can I? Sure there have been some lopsided snoozers on Thur, but when the games are competitive they are as good as anything you'll see on Sat. (minus Husker games of course) Then again, I'm the kind of fan who would watch a divisional SWAC game on a Wednesday before I would watch a full game of play-off baseball, so maybe it IS just me. :dunno

BROTHER!!!! College football is the only sport I really follow any more. Saturday, Thursday, Tuesday I watch every game I can. I record 6 or 7 games every Saturday to get me through the week, too. I actually resent any sport that is televised against college football. It usually means one less game for me to pick from. (Exception of Husker volleyball. I watch that if it doesn't interfere with football.)

As for this game, for Husker fans who go to games it is probably better to have it on Saturday. Saturday night would be best. I really think this game is too big for Thursday. Mizzou or KSU works on Thursday because they don't have that pizzazz name. "TEXAS" vs "NEBRASKA" doesn't need a special time slot. Just play the game. Fans will find it and watch it.

I don't know why there is so much hate for Thursday night FB games. Hell I think the more CFB is televised the better!

I can't be the only one that thinks good football is good football regardless of the name on the jerseys can I? Sure there have been some lopsided snoozers on Thur, but when the games are competitive they are as good as anything you'll see on Sat. (minus Husker games of course) Then again, I'm the kind of fan who would watch a divisional SWAC game on a Wednesday before I would watch a full game of play-off baseball, so maybe it IS just me. :dunno

Completely agree.

I think Thursday night games are great. But in all essence, I think any day with college football is great. I definitely want this to be a night game, though. The crowd will be especially pumped for a team like Texas, and anything can happen under the lights of Memorial Stadium.

Completely agree.

I think Thursday night games are great. But in all essence, I think any day with college football is great. I definitely want this to be a night game, though. The crowd will be especially pumped for a team like Texas, and anything can happen under the lights of Memorial Stadium.

Agree as well. I watched any game I could whenever it was on. I like Tuesday night Sun Belt games, Wednesday night Big East games, Thursday night anybody games, Friday night Colorado Gets Skewered Again games, and of course any game I can catch on a Saturday is good, too. Sunday NFL games are good enough to tide me over until college starts again, but baby, give me college football any day and I'm happy. :thumbs

Can't say that I blame Texas . . . after the Debacle in Dallas coming into Memorial Stadium with a raucous Thursday night crowd would be difficult.

If you look at it in just the right light, this is a big compliment to Nebraska. Do you think Texas would have objected to playing Nebraska on a Thursday back in 2007? We're getting back to being a school that other teams don't want to play. That's awesome.

Do we think that it's possible that Nebraska goes for another Thursday night game instead. I remember back in '95 when we played Okie State on Thursday, maybe do it again this year?

In the link that started the thread it mentions moving KSU from 2 Oct to 30 Sep. Would be on 5 days rest but it's after SD State, so might be okay.

Do we think that it's possible that Nebraska goes for another Thursday night game instead. I remember back in '95 when we played Okie State on Thursday, maybe do it again this year?

In the link that started the thread it mentions moving KSU from 2 Oct to 30 Sep. Would be on 5 days rest but it's after SD State, so might be okay.

Didn't look at the original article until just now, but yeah, it would probably be ok. In theory, it would also help to have some extra time to prepare for Texas, but that didn't end up working to well against Texas Tech during this past season.

Didn't look at the original article until just now, but yeah, it would probably be ok. In theory, it would also help to have some extra time to prepare for Texas, but that didn't end up working to well against Texas Tech during this past season.

We just didn't match up well at all with Texas Tech under Mike Leach. I'm glad that man is gone.

Can't say that I blame Texas . . . after the Debacle in Dallas coming into Memorial Stadium with a raucous Thursday night crowd would be difficult.

If you look at it in just the right light, this is a big compliment to Nebraska. Do you think Texas would have objected to playing Nebraska on a Thursday back in 2007? We're getting back to being a school that other teams don't want to play. That's awesome.

I agree with you completely but a Saturday night primetime crowd with gameday there in the morning and fans being around all day will make it even more difficult for texa$$