Texas turns down NU/ESPN for Thursday night game...

I enjoy watching Thursday night games on TV at home. But I have season tickets to Husker games, and I really don't want the Texas game to be on a Thursday night! Getting down to Lincoln on a Thursday is really a hassle, and it doesn't give enough time to get primed for the game. Keep the Texas game on Saturday or better yet a Saturday night game, to give time to enjoy the tailgating, and really get pumped for the win!!!

I think one of the things that factored into Mack's decision is that the NU game is the game that follows the OU game.

Having two back to back tough games is, in my opinion, why Mack isn't too excited to play on such short prep time.

Couldn't agree more. Considering how important each game is in the scheme of the BCS, it would almost be unfair of us to cave in their skulls at such a vulnerable time. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd prefer to beat the crap out of Texas when they're at their best. 1 - that proves who the better team is, and 2 - Texas would have absolutely no room to give themselves credit or excuses for the loss. :bonez

I like thursday for the fact we would be the only show in town. ABC has the NASCAR race that saturday evening, so if we are true national, youre looking at the 12/11 central time slot on ABC, and IF Gameday is there, that will definitely be the slot. Pretty early to get down to lincoln... and when we win, those make for loooong, but fun, days. Personally, Im not a fan of the early saturday home games, I prefer to do the hard tailgating pre-game and go in juiced, makes the drive home safer afterwards if ya know what I mean. If not, then we are likely the late game on ESPN, the 8/7 central slot i suppose. The magnitude this game presents though, I dont see how its not on ABC.

And FYI--Its pretty hard to get recruits in for those early saturday games as well. Friday night games, then having to catch a plane into the giant, flight filled Omaha or Lincoln airports in time for a 11AM Lincoln kick is pretty tough and has thrown cogs before.

Good for Texas! Thursday games suck, which is why they should be reserved for MWC, WAC, SBC, MAC and CUSA type games, not games that actually matter.

Absolutely right. Good for Coach Brown and Texas. College football is meant to be played on Saturday! Screw that fabricated Thursday night game, its only played then to make more money for ESPN.

T_O_B

:steam:steam:steam:madash:madash:madash:steam:steam:steam