Any traditons that you have

Apathy

My dad 2 brothers and I go to every spring game Dad and little brother come from G.I. Middle brother flies out from St. Louis. Just recently I got my brother in law and his son to start attending. He's from Loup City Ne. I drive up from Mancrappin Ks and always stop at the Runza in Beatrice before and after the game.

If I don't bring home the wife a Runza I get shut off for at least a week :angry:

1. Watch the band warm up on the south side of campus by Kimball Hall

2. Watch the band march down 10th street

3. Tell whoever I'm with, "Hold your own ticket" (just something my grandfather always said)

4. Announce the songs the band plays before the announcer does, including "Mr. Touchdown USA" and "The March Grandioso"

5. Yell "FUUMMMBLLLLE" at random times when the opponent has the ball. My grandfather started this tradition in the 50's and I continue it to this day. Every so often I'm right and get some high fives from the fans around.

6. After the game, on the way back to the car, at some point I'll say "You have to go across 'O' to 'P'" (something else my grandfather always used to say).

One tradition that went by the wayside was being under the South Stadium for the old tunnel walk.

We always park in the same spot after having a drink on the way, then have a drink at the "Secret Spot" (the best and closest no pay to park ever) while listening to the entire Nebraska Band Compact Disk, then walk along the exact same path to the tailgate party/meltdown. Have more drinks, then proceed to have Husker meltdowns for about 4 hours. Always do a fist pound with everyone, and I mean everyone that says they are heading to stadium including grandmas and girlfriends, before I go to the gate. Get mad at all the people standing in the line at the gate FOR NOT KNOWING WERE YOUR SEAT IS, your seat is always the same if your a real fan. Then proceed to be as loud as possible for the whole game. Pretty much the standard for my 10 years of not missing a home game. And screaming Pat Ricketts at all of the Husker Scrapbooks, which somehow I still find funny.

1. Hang out the Husker and Blackshirts flags
  2. Make sure all 4 TVs have all the college games for the day preset
  3. Chill the beverages
  4. Fire up the grill
  5. Cook up my 5 Alarm Wings w/ Bleu Cheese and Celery
  6. Fire up the radio for the Husker Pregame
  7. Pray to the almighty Huskerboard doesn't crash during the game

This is kind of a cool thread... so let me share my routine.

1) park as close as I can to the bars on 13th & O

2) head right for Duffys, if they are closed any open bar will work (woodys usually is)

3) drink drink drink drink - not too drunk though, but enough to get a good buzz going

4) head to the game about 90 min before kickoff... gotta head back to the car to grab the seats, etc

5) get to the game and chat with the folks I only get to see 7 or 8 times a year

6) cheer so loud that my voice is completely shot for the next 2-3 days

7) after the game, stay in the stands until the team leaves the field

8) make a bee line for the car - gotta listen to the coaches and locker show on FROGGY

9) drive home - sober enough after 4 hours

10) catch the highlights on the news and wait for the Coaches Show and Big Red Wrap Up

Then, repeat 1-10 until the season is over.

GO BIG RED!

We always park in the same spot after having a drink on the way, then have a drink at the "Secret Spot" (the best and closest no pay to park ever) while listening to the entire Nebraska Band Compact Disk, then walk along the exact same path to the tailgate party/meltdown. Have more drinks, then proceed to have Husker meltdowns for about 4 hours. Always do a fist pound with everyone, and I mean everyone that says they are heading to stadium including grandmas and girlfriends, before I go to the gate. Get mad at all the people standing in the line at the gate FOR NOT KNOWING WERE YOUR SEAT IS, your seat is always the same if your a real fan. Then proceed to be as loud as possible for the whole game. Pretty much the standard for my 10 years of not missing a home game. And screaming Pat Ricketts at all of the Husker Scrapbooks, which somehow I still find funny.

Thats funny, because I always scream "Bob Barker" at the questions. I dont really know why or how it started, and I have never been right, but darn it if I dont make myself and at least one other person laugh everytime.

Night before

1. Place tickets on the kitchen counter so we do not forget the tickets. :bang
  2. Place car keys UNDER the tickets so we do not forget the tickets.

Day of

1. Make sure I have on my lucky green shamrock boxers
  2. If its a morning game, make a rum/oj.
  3. Must have a backup runza/handwarmer in my pocket during kickoff (typically eaten during second quarter, although during the Kansas State game, it made it til the ride home - I was a little sauced and forgot about it...)
  4. Must see the tunnel walk