Any traditons that you have

Apathy

This post is football related and I will get to that here in a minute. I was just thinking about the upcoming Baseball season and the Red/White game and started thinking and wondered if any of you had a tradition that you do every year that envolves going to a Husker football game as a family or a Husker baseball game etc. I like to read these types of things to get to know you guys and I really enjoyed reading the Bios that were tagged to all of the Admins and Mods of Huskerboard. I'll start off with my families tradition and maybe some of you would like to join in.

Every year my family and friends will all get together and plan to go to a Husker Baseball game and then usually we'll go to the spring game the following day. Since this tradition was started by guys oh so 5-6 years ago, the guys get to go to the Baseball game while the wives/fiancees/gf's go shopping and then we'll all meet up the following day for the Red/White spring Football game.

Well get everything organized down to whos bringing what food, dessert, beer, grills, etc. Its a great time for all of the guys to get together and BS about whatever, drink beer, fart, and do whatever we want to since our ladies are out shopping. We'll go to the Baseball game and then after the game is over we'll head back and tailgate for another hour or two.

The next day we'll meet up with the ladies and grill out before the Red/White spring game enjoy a scrimage. We didn't do it last year because it wasn't General Admission and the baseball team was down in College Station for a A&M series. We're now trying to get this tradition continuing by going to the 1st or 2nd home football game where its a little bit easier to find tickets.

This post is football related and I will get to that here in a minute. I was just thinking about the upcoming Baseball season and the Red/White game and started thinking and wondered if any of you had a tradition that you do every year that envolves going to a Husker football game as a family or a Husker baseball game etc. I like to read these types of things to get to know you guys and I really enjoyed reading the Bios that were tagged to all of the Admins and Mods of Huskerboard. I'll start off with my families tradition and maybe some of you would like to join in.

Every year my family and friends will all get together and plan to go to a Husker Baseball game and then usually we'll go to the spring game the following day. Since this tradition was started by guys oh so 5-6 years ago, the guys get to go to the Baseball game while the wives/fiancees/gf's go shopping and then we'll all meet up the following day for the Red/White spring Football game.

Well get everything organized down to whos bringing what food, dessert, beer, grills, etc. Its a great time for all of the guys to get together and BS about whatever, drink beer, fart, and do whatever we want to since our ladies are out shopping. We'll go to the Baseball game and then after the game is over we'll head back and tailgate for another hour or two.

The next day we'll meet up with the ladies and grill out before the Red/White spring game enjoy a scrimage. We didn't do it last year because it wasn't General Admission and the baseball team was down in College Station for a A&M series. We're now trying to get this tradition continuing by going to the 1st or 2nd home football game where its a little bit easier to find tickets.

That sounds pretty cool. My family never really had any traditions like that. If/when i have kids i wouldn't mind doing something like that.

btw, nebraska has a baseball team? i thought we just had football and women's volleyball??

There are six season tickets within my family, in sets of two around the stadium, and Grandpa decides how to spread them out so everybody gets 2-4 to at least one game for themselves to take whoever they want.

But early in the year, or sometimes just a game that no can take that many for whatever reason, He'll take a group of grandkids/aunts/uncles out for the day. Dont have to worry about spending a dime, and the big thing is at halftime, everyone meets out on the track, and you switch seats and who you were sitting with. (except Grandpa never seems to leave his seat on the 50... <_< ) I have a ton of great memories from that growing up, and even in the last couple years sitting with an aunt or whoever that I didnt really spend much time with and getting to enjoy Husker football with them.

We don't have a lot of traditions, mainly because I'm the only person in my family who has season tickets to the football games (and that's just because I'm a student).

But before every game on television, my dad, mom, sister, and me all get together and take a picture in our Husker gear. We have years of these saved up. It's great to see how we've all grown through the years.

There are six season tickets within my family, in sets of two around the stadium, and Grandpa decides how to spread them out so everybody gets 2-4 to at least one game for themselves to take whoever they want.

But early in the year, or sometimes just a game that no can take that many for whatever reason, He'll take a group of grandkids/aunts/uncles out for the day. Dont have to worry about spending a dime, and the big thing is at halftime, everyone meets out on the track, and you switch seats and who you were sitting with. (except Grandpa never seems to leave his seat on the 50... <_< ) I have a ton of great memories from that growing up, and even in the last couple years sitting with an aunt or whoever that I didnt really spend much time with and getting to enjoy Husker football with them.

Can I be your friend :laughpound

Nothing major, but in every game since the '94 season, everyone in my immediate family predicts the score of the game. Over the last 15 years, I've taken a big lead over the others by predicting the exact score and winner of 16 games (mostly between '94 and '01). Most recently, I hit the KSt game right on...17-3 Huskers :)

For bowl games, we used to have 3 other families over (20+ people), and we'd always eat the party platter of Italian Runzas at halftime. Good times, good times.

My Mom & I have "Mother-Daughter Football Weekend" once a year. We've been doing it several years now. Mom hadn't been to a game in 50 years, and it had been 25 years for me. Mom said they used to sell "knot hole" tickets for some crazy price like 10 cents. My cousin sets us up with a parking pass, we wander around Husker Nation where we stop to visit our favorite color-commentator, have attended a few Huskerboard tailgates, and head to our seats! You don't have to worry about her sitting most of the game, because she's up and down with the rest of the crowd! We missed the NU/Iowa St. game in October because Mom was here waiting the arrival of her 2nd great-grandchild, and fell and broke her hip! She'll be 79 next week, and God willing.....we'll be at a game sometime this fall!

Not so much every year, but each game day experience must include...

1) Hot dog to be eaten in no more than 3 bites

2) In your seat (or at a bare minimum, in the stadium) for the Tunnel walk

3) Pregame walk around the Pavilion

4) Runza for dessert

Everything else kinda takes care of itself...

LOVE IT! Im not a big sweets guy, so I usually have Valentino's down on the track or while walking around the stadium, then somewhere in the first half, I flag down the Runza guy for dessert. Dont wait until the second half to get a Runza, as for some reason that Runza cant seem to logistically figure out, they are gone after halftime and you cant find them anywhere... maybe thats all part of their plan tho....hmmm.

I have had a "lucky" shirt since around 2001. It's "luck" ran out long ago, but I continue to pull it out for 1-2 big games a year. It was so well-worn in it's first few years that it now has around 50 holes along the shoulder and neckline, the most giant of which I've had sewn up just to keep the thing wearable. I bought it in a hotel gift store. It's red and simply says "NEBRASKA" in large font across the front, with the 'N' being the old script logo:

nebraska_logo.gif

I have a few traditions/rituals that I follow.

1) From the day fall practice starts I abstain from any alcohol untill kickoff of the 1st game. Unfortunately this year I slipped up the weekend before and take personal responsibility for the close losses we sustained.

2) Every Saturday I must have my Blackshirts flag hung on the porch before Gameday starts.

3) For night games I wear a Black, Blackshirts hoody.