Punter Nomination Thread

knapplc

Punter:

1) Big Leg - This guy booms the ball down the field (usually 60 yards - 45 yard punts plus their 15 yard dropback!) to give the other team bad field position for their offensive series. Following through the ball and a high leg finish are their trademarks! This member's posts go "a long way" to making his side of the argument better.

2) Unsung Hero - The punter has a specific job, and he does it to the best of his ability. He doesn't normally get a chance to put points on the board, so some fans and players might forget about him. But when he pins the other team by their goal line, it's a big positive for the club! Maybe this guy doesn't get a whole lot of kudos around HuskerBoard, but he can be just as important as an offensive player or a regular poster.

3) Limited appearance - The punter is only needed on 4th downs, so they normally only play 5 - 10 downs a game. I would therefore assume the best choice for HuskerBoard punter is one who isn't a super-prolific poster and is only used when it's necessary!

Please nominate or second ONE person per thread.

maybe im just a jerk, but personally I think HuskerBoard positions should go to Husker fans, regardless of TuffTiger's considerable contributions and mysterious background. Just my opinion, dont take it for more than its worth.

so, i nominate default_28. that guy only has like 200 posts but it seems like i see him everywhere.

• Fire 1

maybe im just a jerk, but personally I think HuskerBoard positions should go to Husker fans, regardless of TuffTiger's considerable contributions and mysterious background.

I get where you're coming from, and it's an understandable position. The way I see it, this is "team" less about the Huskers and more about our community. The focus of HuskerBoard is, of course, the Huskers, but our community is made up of several non-Husker fans, and they happen to be some of the more popular folks around. Already on the team we have a Clemson RB, a Missouri WR and an ISU OT. They may not be Husker fans like you and me, but they're definitely all part of our community, and HuskerBoard would be a lesser place without the likes of killer cacti, fro_daddy and Cy the Cyclone.

• Fire 1