Class rankings are bs sometimes

I think that our class is really underrated I think this class is going to do well and as of 12:32 we are ranked at number 22 as of rivals100.com I think that we should be higher then 22 Dont you think that these class rankings are a lil overrated? All these flashy stars are a lil overrated in my opinion For example look at marlon lucky he was rated a 5 star prospect and look what happened to him.. he didnt evan make it to the NFL.

• Fire 1

I think that our class is really underrated I think this class is going to do well and as of 12:32 we are ranked at number 22 as of rivals100.com I think that we should be higher then 22 Dont you think that these class rankings are a lil overrated? All these flashy stars are a lil overrated in my opinion For example look at marlon lucky he was rated a 5 star prospect and look what happened to him.. he didnt evan make it to the NFL.

The interesting thing about the rankings is that Rivals would actually rank us higher without Cotton, Marsh, and Evans. How does taking away 3 players actually make our class better?

The interesting thing about the rankings is that Rivals would actually rank us higher without Cotton, Marsh, and Evans. How does taking away 3 players actually make our class better?

I remember heard something from Jeremy Crabtree (I think) about their rankings being based on the 20 best players. So, for instance, if we added two 3 star players, in addition to the current class, our rank would go up because out 2 star players no longer count towards the rankings.

I remember heard something from Jeremy Crabtree (I think) about their rankings being based on the 20 best players. So, for instance, if we added two 3 star players, in addition to the current class, our rank would go up because out 2 star players no longer count towards the rankings.

Yes they do just take the Top 20 to make up the bulk of the rating, but part of the formula takes into account the average stars number which includes ALL of the commits. That is where having the 2 Stars hurts on the Rivals Ranking. I think it is a bit odd, but ok.

I believe that it is based on the average stars and points the program has in the class. Though I really don't know because I don't follow recruiting much until now. So if you add 2 stars where there weren't any then you move the average down.

High recruiting rankings don't hold much weight unless it leads to high rankings during the season. The coaches went out and got kids they wanted, so guessing they would rank this class pretty high in their minds on how they are going to make this program even stronger, and I would take that any day over what rivals tells us. :thumbs

I think recruiting services should be shut down or at least have a disclaimer stating "For entertainment purposes only". They are grading amatuer athletes playing against other amateur athletes and they are telling me how this kid will play in college after he is introduced to frat parties, and living away from home for the first time in his life? What a bunch of BS.

I think recruiting services should be shut down or at least have a disclaimer stating "For entertainment purposes only". They are grading amatuer athletes playing against other amateur athletes and they are telling me how this kid will play in college after he is introduced to frat parties, and living away from home for the first time in his life? What a bunch of BS.

You can fill a class with 3-stars and win, no one disputes that. But you are going against the odds. Everyone argues stars by pointing out lower ranked classes that won, or a 3 star that became an All-American. There are plenty of examples out there, but there should be...between 2005 and 2009 there were over 4400 3 star players, but only 178 5 stars. Do you expect rivals to be exact all 4400 times? Be realistic. Of course out of 4400 players some will shine. But I'd play the odds and be chasing 5 stars if my $2.5million/year job was on the line.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-463788331-1265046113.jpg?ymiZKnCDgGQnNKyy

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-453497231-1265046139.jpg?ym7ZKnCDrx9kLq7w

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-471712108-1265046122.jpg?ymqZKnCD8qkmFNRR

All these flashy stars are a lil overrated in my opinion For example look at marlon lucky he was rated a 5 star prospect and look what happened to him.. he didnt evan make it to the NFL.

Are we trying to make NFL players here or great college football players? Making it to the NFL isn't the standard we should judge recruiting by. Tommy Frazier didn't make it to the NFL, neither did Eric Crouch. Are they any less great? Marlon ranks 4th in Nebraska history for All-Purpose yards with 4,214. Is making it to be 4th in Nebraska history in something a bust??

Yeah didn't the Orange Bowl KU team have a roster full of 3 star starters? I thought I read that their recruiting was very poor when they had that fantastic team.

I don't know how much praise I would give them. That schedule was awful. Central Michigan, SE Louisiana, Toledo, and Florida International for Non Conference. They won those four games with combined scores of 214 - 23.

Their Conference schedule was KSU, Baylor, CU, T-A&M, NU, OSU, ISU, and MU. The only loss was against MU. The were lucky they lost and didn't have to play O.U. for the Big 12 championship. Or the probably would have gotten beat the same way MU did.