Rank the difficulty of each 2010 game

ESPY

1. Texas - Still way ahead of most of the Big 12. We haven't beaten them in Lincoln since 1933.

2. @ Texas A&M - Most experienced, and most dynamic, QB in the conference. Defense has been iffy, though.

3. @ Okie State - They've recruited well, but are reloading.

4. @ Washington - First "tough" game, and a long way from home. Locker can really play.

5. Mizzou - We handled them in Columbia, we should do the same in Lincoln.

6. @ Iowa State - Should be ok if we limit ourselves to 2 or 3 turnovers. Well coached.

7. Kansas - Turner Gill will need a little time, but they'll be disciplined and tough right away.

8. @ Kansas State - Snyder will have decent teams again, but it might take another year or two.

9. Colorado - Have not recruited well and Hawkins could be done by this game, but they seem to get up for the Huskers.

10. Idaho - not a threat.

11. SD State - not a threat.

12. WKU - not a threat.

on a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the hardest heres how id rate them

Washington(7)

Texas(9)

Missouri(7)

Oklahoma State(7)

Kansas State(5)

Texas A&M(7)

Iowa State(6)

Kansas(4)

Colorado(4)

Idaho(2)

Western Kentucky (1)

SDSU (0)i dont give them credit

the average is about 4.5...thats really weak

Seems like the majority think ISU is gonna be a fair challenge for us. Is that because the game is in Ames & they appear to be on the right track to actually do some legit damage in the north? Do you think your opinion is being skewed at all by our debacle vs them in '09?

I picked ISU as our 3rd easiest game because I think we're gonna come out firing on all cylinders & give 'em hell the whole game. We're bound to have a chip on our shoulder after their fluke upset. I mean just consider what the score would've been last season if we only TO'ed 3 times. We would've put up at least 30 on them, & that's what I expect to see this season.

Nebraska hasn't beaten Okalahoma State since 2003. Until we get that monkey off of our back, that game is the toughest in my book. I expect this game to be very close.

With the motivation and talent returning I have a great deal of confidence that Nebraska will be way "up" for the Texas game and win it decisively.. FINALLY putting a well deserved end to Longhorn Magic..

1. Texas - Still way ahead of most of the Big 12. We haven't beaten them in Lincoln since 1933.

They are also the only team we have yet to beat in the regular season since the formation of the Big 12.

Thanks for the painful reminders. You'd think that would be plenty of motivation for us to destroy 'em this year :hookerhorns

They are also the only team we have yet to beat in the regular season since the formation of the Big 12.

Thanks for the painful reminders. You'd think that would be plenty of motivation for us to destroy 'em this year :hookerhorns

They are just one of those teams that we play tough, but we just seem to get the short end of the stick so many times.

I think people are giving oSu too much credit. They are losing 8 starters on offense including Russell Okung, Zac Robinson, Keith Tosten and Dez Bryant. They are also losing 7 starters on defense. Personally, I see them struggling to become bowl eligible.

I agree. Plus they finished their year on a sour note by losing to Mississippi in the Cotton Bowl. Luckily for them, the Big 12 South I think will not be as tough in years past. Texas has to replace Colt McCoy, and if it's Garrett Gilbert, I think there could be some problems for them. Shipley is also out, so they lose their two biggest offensive play makers. Nevertheless, they are Texas, and will always find a way to reload.

One would have to think that all the off-field problems at Texas Tech might have a negative impact on them as well. I think the door is wide open for a team like Texas A&M to stun some people and take the South.

I heard this same line of thought about Oklahoma through most of the 70s. Even when we finally beat them, we turned around and lost the next week to Mizzou and then to Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl. Those OU teams were just very talented. Even for the best teams it took a well-played game and a break or two (OU lost 6 fumbles in that 78 game!) to beat them. The same is true of 21st Century Texas. I think we'll beat 'em this year, but because we have approximately equal talent. Both teams will be motivated. It's time for Lincoln to give us the edge. 77 years is a long wait.

I agree. Plus they finished their year on a sour note by losing to Mississippi in the Cotton Bowl. Luckily for them, the Big 12 South I think will not be as tough in years past. Texas has to replace Colt McCoy, and if it's Garrett Gilbert, I think there could be some problems for them. Shipley is also out, so they lose their two biggest offensive play makers. Nevertheless, they are Texas, and will always find a way to reload.

One would have to think that all the off-field problems at Texas Tech might have a negative impact on them as well. I think the door is wide open for a team like Texas A&M to stun some people and take the South.

Explain? For being a FR in the MNC game, I thought he looked fine against Bama....

Give him a full season under center, without the headlights/"Oh crap I have to play", he will be fine. Not the same offense as with McCoy, but they'll probably be more balanced which makes them better overall.

Explain? For being a FR in the MNC game, I thought he looked fine against Bama....

Give him a full season under center, without the headlights/"Oh crap I have to play", he will be fine. Not the same offense as with McCoy, but they'll probably be more balanced which makes them better overall.

Even with the off-field problems, TT beat MichSt at the Alamo with an interim coach. Now they have Tuberville whose strength is defense. One more thing to consider - TT will still have Potts as their starting QB, plus they have Sheffield behind him, and we all know how dangerous they can be.