Game of the century

Did you try Huskers.com and then go to "Shop"?

Here is one I found.

http://www.huskernation.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=256&idcategory=43

this one might be good. however, i ordered a DVD of the game that did not have bremser's call or the live broadcast from chris schenkel and bud wilkinson. instead, the play by play was dubbed over by, i think, joe patrick? anyway, it was absolutely atrocious. the video of the entrie game was there, but the dubbed over play by play didn't even keep up with the action. i mean come on, it's not like he was doing it live. he was actually in a studio watching the game with the ability to go back and change the voice over if he got it wrong. constantly giving the wrong down and distance, yardline of where the ball was, players involved in the action, etc. a really pathetic performance. all i am saying is make sure you are getting what you want when you order some of these classic husker games.

Did you try Huskers.com and then go to "Shop"?

Here is one I found.

https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew/ViewItem.dbml?_IN_STORE_=YES&DB_OEM_ID=100&ITMID=324189&ITMCATID=40293

this one might be good. however, i ordered a DVD of the game that did not have bremser's call or the live broadcast from chris schenkel and bud wilkinson. instead, the play by play was dubbed over by, i think, joe patrick? anyway, it was absolutely atrocious. the video of the entrie game was there, but the dubbed over play by play didn't even keep up with the action. i mean come on, it's not like he was doing it live. he was actually in a studio watching the game with the ability to go back and change the voice over if he got it wrong. constantly giving the wrong down and distance, yardline of where the ball was, players involved in the action, etc. a really pathetic performance. all i am saying is make sure you are getting what you want when you order some of these classic husker games.

Haha, I think I know what you mean. I have a DVD called Huskers Greatest Plays and a lot of the plays have audio dubbed over later and it's incredibly cheesy and painful to listen to.

There are a couple of things that really fascinate me about this game.

First, the lack of formation changes. I watched the last 6 minutes of the game which included Nebraska's game winning drive. The only formation they ran had 5 linemen, 2 tight-ends with one off the line of scrimmage, a wide out, and then a power I set with Tagge, the FB, and Kinnie. Think about how hard some coaches try to confuse and out-scheme teams formationally in this day and age, yet Nebraska was able to put together outstanding offensive performances with minimal formation changes. Pretty remarkable.

Second, is the size of players. Near the end of the game, the announcer said "Look at the size of that man (in reference to Rich Glover). The guy is 6'6" and 250 pounds". Now-a-days, that's 50 pounds too small to be a DT AT LEAST. 250 is what your average defensive end weighs these days. Pretty amazing stuff, to think that in 50 years the average weight of a DT has gone up nearly 50 pounds.

There are a couple of things that really fascinate me about this game.

First, the lack of formation changes. I watched the last 6 minutes of the game which included Nebraska's game winning drive. The only formation they ran had 5 linemen, 2 tight-ends with one off the line of scrimmage, a wide out, and then a power I set with Tagge, the FB, and Kinnie. Think about how hard some coaches try to confuse and out-scheme teams formationally in this day and age, yet Nebraska was able to put together outstanding offensive performances with minimal formation changes. Pretty remarkable.

Second, is the size of players. Near the end of the game, the announcer said "Look at the size of that man (in reference to Rich Glover). The guy is 6'6" and 250 pounds". Now-a-days, that's 50 pounds too small to be a DT AT LEAST. 250 is what your average defensive end weighs these days. Pretty amazing stuff, to think that in 50 years the average weight of a DT has gone up nearly 50 pounds.

Glover had about 21 tackles while being blocked by a 1st team All-America OU center. What a game he had. Suh's Texas performance got me thinking about Glover's greatest game. I would hate to pick between them as the greatest NU player's defensive game.

The "Husker's Greatest Plays" stuff is completely cheesy when it's not play by play by Kent Pavelka or Adrian Fiala or who the announcer was from 1996 thru ?

The dorky announcing during the end of the 1984 Orange Bowl, "Nebraska goes for the win, and it's incomplete, you've gotta be kidding me.." At least the TV announcers gave props to Tom Osborne for having the balls to go for the win.

There are times when I watch a Husker game that I'll turn off the sound on the TV and turn on the radio if it's Mushburger or some other piss poor announcer doing the announcing.