What's everyone's favorite husker possession?

jauken

Mine has to be the White flag with the Big Red N logo. My grandfather gave me that flag the day after my grandmother died because she knew the eldest grandson would fly that flag until it couldn't fly anymore. It still sits in my living room in a case posted proudly. n I only had to tell my wife once that if she touched it, the flag would stay, she'd be gone.

It comes out of it's case and flied proudly every gameday.

Never occured to me to collect autographs.

I've never thrown anything Husker related away..no matter how tattered..In fact, I've rescued several Husker Shirts from used clothing stores out here..even if they were too small..(one can hope to lose more weight :thumbs someday..or that my Son will grow into them).

My fav?

Probably the one I made with my own printer with a blank Iron-on last year.

Then it got me to thinking...

I do have McCathorn Clayton's Letter Jacket...and 5 or 6 pair of his turf shoes..Some that I wore in the mid '80's to make people think I was on the team...

They're all too small, now.

Wow....what a good question! I have been a Husker fan since the late 60's, so I have tons of possessions! I used to save all the newspaper articles, but that pretty much ended when I got married and moved to Ohio. My Uncle Stan worked at a print shop in Lincoln so I have every bumper sticker that was made while he was working there. That included schedules, place mats, coasters, etc. I have autographs from players and coaches from the early 60's too! I've collected T-shirts, hats, gloves, coats, figurines, Christmas ornaments, and household things. We went to a New Years Eve party before the Gator Bowl with a bunch of Husker fans......Tommie Frazier and Johnny Rodgers were there, so I got pictures and autographs from them too. Also Jerry Tagge's autograph and picture from the Husker Nation. I have letters from Coach Osborne. I've saved programs and ticket stubs from the games I've been to. But......I think my favorite "possession" is my good son, Dan! Although being born here in Ohio, he followed the tradition of being a Husker! (My other son is a Buckeye. I know....but I tried!) I have closets and boxes full of memories. One of these days I'm going to transform the family room into a Husker room!

Wow....what a good question! I have been a Husker fan since the late 60's, so I have tons of possessions! I used to save all the newspaper articles, but that pretty much ended when I got married and moved to Ohio. My Uncle Stan worked at a print shop in Lincoln so I have every bumper sticker that was made while he was working there. That included schedules, place mats, coasters, etc. I have autographs from players and coaches from the early 60's too! I've collected T-shirts, hats, gloves, coats, figurines, Christmas ornaments, and household things. We went to a New Years Eve party before the Gator Bowl with a bunch of Husker fans......Tommie Frazier and Johnny Rodgers were there, so I got pictures and autographs from them too. Also Jerry Tagge's autograph and picture from the Husker Nation. I have letters from Coach Osborne. I've saved programs and ticket stubs from the games I've been to. But......I think my favorite "possession" is my good son, Dan! Although being born here in Ohio, he followed the tradition of being a Husker! (My other son is a Buckeye. I know....but I tried!) I have closets and boxes full of memories. One of these days I'm going to transform the family room into a Husker room!

Thank you..just trying to come up with something good to get us to Spring practice :)

The really sad part to all of this is the fact that I really don't have any treasures because I took things for granted while going to college at UNL. I had Aaron Taylor as a lab partner. It never even crossed my mind to get an autograph. I had classes with Aaron Graham, Jon Zatechka, and Adam Treau. Never once thought to get an autograph. I went out to supper with Berringer and yet never got an autograph. All I would have had to have done was carry a football around once in a while, and I could have had a lot of the heavy hitters on the NC teams signatures.

• Fire 1

The really sad part to all of this is the fact that I really don't have any treasures because I took things for granted while going to college at UNL. I had Aaron Taylor as a lab partner. It never even crossed my mind to get an autograph. I had classes with Aaron Graham, Jon Zatechka, and Adam Treau. Never once thought to get an autograph. I went out to supper with Berringer and yet never got an autograph. All I would have had to have done was carry a football around once in a while, and I could have had a lot of the heavy hitters on the NC teams signatures.

Those memories are better than a scribble of ink though. Honestly, would you trade that dinner with Berringer for his autograph?