Peyton Manning

GSG

I've seen on several sports sites today where the writers/bloggers are making a big deal about Peyton Manning not shaking hands with any of the Saints players when the game was over.

If I was in that situation, I wouldn't shake hands either. Not out of spite or disrespect, but more out of respect that they're beginning their celebration. I almost bet Manning calls Sean Payton, Drew Brees, etc. some time this week to say congratuations. That's what I would do. Let them enjoy their moment. Just my $0.02.

• Fire 1

I've heard this complaint levied against a couple of different players over the past couple of years. LeBron James may have been one of them recently - not sure.

It's a bogus issue, just to drum up eyeballs on their newscast/blog/website/newspaper. I'm with you, GSG - let the winners enjoy their moment, and just gracefully get off the field.

Must be a slow news day, for the media to try to drum up some kind of scandal involving Manning.

I am not even a Payton Manning fan, but I know what he brings to the table in the NFL. For one thing, I have never seen Manning disrespect anyone while in the league. Even in interviews, he is always gracious to the opposition, win or lose.

Shame on whoever put this out this media hit job, and they should be called on the floor for it.

• Fire 1

Peyton's lack of handshake was 100% different than Lebron's. Peyton did it out of respect, Lebron did it out of frustration and sadness (which is inexcusable).

Oh yeah, "in my opinion".

I see it as the opposite. Mannning has won and knows what it feels like to win the Super Bowl so he should have stayed and shook hands because he has been there. Lebron doesn't know what its like to win a title and I bet this year if the situation is the same he will stay and congratualate people. He was just pissed for coming so close for his first won and losing it.

But in all honesty I don't care that either didn't shake hands with their oppenents.

Peyton's lack of handshake was 100% different than Lebron's. Peyton did it out of respect, Lebron did it out of frustration and sadness (which is inexcusable).

Yeah, I'm not saying it's the best example, just the first one that came to mind. All I'm saying is ESPN blew both out of proportion. I agree that it's a different situation, but I don't fault LeBron either.

It's not like missing one handshake makes either guy a "bad guy" like these stories imply. They're fine people, and I'd love to have Manning or LeBron on my respective teams any day.