Cotton Bowl

I think its possible. If they make it a BCS I see the winner of the Mountain West getting an automatic bid.

that would be interesting bowl game, Utah smashed Cal, BYU smashed Oregon State, and TCU lost a heartbracker vs Boise State....i think the MWC is tired of beating up on the Pac10 let them play with the big boys from the big 12!

I think its possible. If they make it a BCS I see the winner of the Mountain West getting an automatic bid.

I think that's probably what it will be dependant on. For there to be 5 BCS bowls plus the BCS NCG, there will either have to be more qualifiers or more auto-bids.

They might just do it to shut those mormons and utes up. I really dont like the state of Utah. No offense to anyone.

Utah has the most obnoctious fans ive ever come across....when i was in Vegas to watch them play UNLV i had some Utah fan try to get me to buy him a beer every time Utah scored a TD. Almost as if he thought i actually felt UNLV had a hope in hell at beating them. Very loud and in your face fan base.

They might just do it to shut those mormons and utes up. I really dont like the state of Utah. No offense to anyone.

Utah has the most obnoctious fans ive ever come across....when i was in Vegas to watch them play UNLV i had some Utah fan try to get me to buy him a beer every time Utah scored a TD. Almost as if he thought i actually felt UNLV had a hope in hell at beating them. Very loud and in your face fan base.

I go to school with a bunch of Mormons and people from Utah. They always have that "holier than thou" attitude about them. One kid actually had the ignorance to make the claim that Utah is a more historied program than Nebraska and Nebraska wouldnt have a chance against Utah this year. He then proceeded to tell me that Utah's last four recruiting classes have all been much better than NU's. Once he started to discuss recruiting he was completely dead in the water. Oh. He also said that the Big 12 was the lesser conference than the Mountain West.

I wish I made that all up, but it is 100% true.

I go to school with a bunch of Mormons and people from Utah. They always have that "holier than thou" attitude about them. One kid actually had the ignorance to make the claim that Utah is a more historied program than Nebraska and Nebraska wouldnt have a chance against Utah this year. He then proceeded to tell me that Utah's last four recruiting classes have all been much better than NU's. Once he started to discuss recruiting he was completely dead in the water. Oh. He also said that the Big 12 was the lesser conference than the Mountain West.

that sounds very familiar to my friends who always claim that the Toronto Blue Jays can compete with the New York Yankees haha...

Perhaps they actually are holier than thou ;)

Cotton bowl was a BCS game years ago but failed to fill the Cotton bowl when no Texas team was in it. If it were to become a BCS game again they would have to change the rule that Dallas Cowboys season ticket holds don’t get first shot at all events. If not it becomes a big Texas home game each year if one of them is in it.

Cotton bowl was a BCS game years ago but failed to fill the Cotton bowl when no Texas team was in it. If it were to become a BCS game again they would have to change the rule that Dallas Cowboys season ticket holds don’t get first shot at all events. If not it becomes a big Texas home game each year if one of them is in it.

It's never been a BCS game. It was a Bowl Coalition event prior to the formation of the Bowl Alliance which ultimately gave way to the BCS, and it had a Texas team in it each year of the Coalition (TAMU x2, Tech x1). It was also a Bowl Alliance game, and during that time it only invited one Texas team in the 3 years of the Alliance (Tech). The final year of the Alliance, the Cotton Bowl had the 2nd highest attendance of the 6 years as part of the Coalition & Alliance, despite having no Texas teams in the game. After the BCS began the following year and the Cotton Bowl was no longer one of the "major" games, attendance was below 60,000 for only the 2nd time in the previous 20 years. Texas A&M represented the state in that game.

It was not included in the BCS because the initial 4 bowl sites chosen were more attractive from a tourism standpoint and for geographical dispersion. If Cowboy Stadium existed in 1998, I have no doubt that the Cotton Bowl would have been chosen over the Fiesta for inclusion in the BCS. The Cotton Bowl seems like an automatic choice for any expansion to the current group of BCS events.

Cotton bowl was a BCS game years ago but failed to fill the Cotton bowl when no Texas team was in it. If it were to become a BCS game again they would have to change the rule that Dallas Cowboys season ticket holds dont get first shot at all events. If not it becomes a big Texas home game each year if one of them is in it.

It's never been a BCS game. It was a Bowl Coalition event prior to the formation of the Bowl Alliance which ultimately gave way to the BCS, and it had a Texas team in it each year of the Coalition (TAMU x2, Tech x1). It was also a Bowl Alliance game, and during that time it only invited one Texas team in the 3 years of the Alliance (Tech). The final year of the Alliance, the Cotton Bowl had the 2nd highest attendance of the 6 years as part of the Coalition & Alliance, despite having no Texas teams in the game. After the BCS began the following year and the Cotton Bowl was no longer one of the "major" games, attendance was below 60,000 for only the 2nd time in the previous 20 years with Texas A&M representing the state in the game.

It was not included in the BCS because the initial 4 bowl sites chosen were more attractive from a tourism standpoint and for geographical dispersion. If Cowboy Stadium existed in 1998, I have no doubt that the Cotton Bowl would have been chosen over the Fiesta for inclusion in the BCS.

And that's a clear indication IMO the Cotton Bowl would indeed be the next best choice as a BCS bowl.

Jerry's house--aka Cowboys stadium--makes me think of this scene from Shrek:

SHREK: So... that must be Lord Farquaad's castle.

DONKEY: Uh-huh, that's the place.

SHREK: Do ya think maybe he's compensating for something? Uhuhuhuh... uh...