Did the ISU debacle save the season

Call me what you want but looking back, had we found a way to at least squeeze out a FG or Td in that game,is it possible that we continue with the kind of offensive scheme what was hurting us at the time and end up losing games against Oklahoma, Kansas, maybe even Kansas St. and Colorado because of mistakes by the offense or would it have not mattered. I believe if we held on to the ball a couple times and wound up with a 21 or even 24 to 9 win, a few huge offensive problems would've remain hidden and the off plan wouldve continued to be less conservative causing huge problems and later games.

Interesting theory, but there were issues before hand. I know they were playing teams that were basically glorified JC teams, but there were issues.

The game definitely woke the coaches up...well not Watson...and helped them figure something else out. The thing that is most confusing to me is why did it take until the bowl game to get some of those plays inserted? The same guys were playing all season so it just baffles me that it took so long. I understand not showing your hand each game, but there were packages that should have been put in for Texas or sooner.

I sure hope they continue on with what we saw in the bowl game. It was a lot fun to watch the offense play well and have the defense back them up by not giving up any points.

Oh yes, not saying there werent issues, and i'm sure the coaches knew it after the Va Tech game, realize it more after the Missouri game, and then during the Texas Tech game it became evident there was a seroius problem, but the Iowa St. game intrigues cuz if we turn the ball over only 5 times instead of 8, simple, we win the game, probable rather handily. But against Oklahoma, K-State, hell even Baylor and Colorado, 3 to 4 turnovers resulst in L's. After that many mistakes, it was clear to the coaches that the offense had to get VERY VERY conservative and not blow it. I think it saved the season.

I'd have to say yes and no. Yes it was a shock, and yes it did change the direction, but the baylor game wasn't mind blowing either. But I think it truly started going up against Oklahoma and needing to be completely safe, or there is no way we would have won that game. I wouldn't exactly call the ground game against the Sooner D "power" either.

Interesting theory, but there were issues before hand. I know they were playing teams that were basically glorified JC teams, but there were issues.

The game definitely woke the coaches up...well not Watson...and helped them figure something else out. The thing that is most confusing to me is why did it take until the bowl game to get some of those plays inserted? The same guys were playing all season so it just baffles me that it took so long. I understand not showing your hand each game, but there were packages that should have been put in for Texas or sooner.

I sure hope they continue on with what we saw in the bowl game. It was a lot fun to watch the offense play well and have the defense back them up by not giving up any points.

While UT i agree...Burkhead was NOT playing the whole season, and he was the feature of the wildcat offense there.. Possibly he just wasnt quite ready yet? I don't know for sure.. but just a thought..

Frankly, the offense wasn't that bad in the ISU game. We rolled up 362 yards. It was the five fumbles lost that determined the outcome. Reminds me of the Vikings performance against the Saints.

You had to bring that up....DAMN YOU!!!

That is a good point though. I cannot remember ever playing, coaching, or watching a game like that. It was a complete nightmare!