Jamal Turner Interview

Thanks for the input guys, I forwarded your questions to my friend who will choose which ones he wants to use. Here is a link to his blog, which is where he will post the interview (it should be coming soon). The blog also has a Husker section which you can read up on. :)

Thanks for giving us a chance to ask questions. While I don't expect any of mine to be asked, it'll still be interesting to read, nonetheless.

The million dollar question is, what will that "system" be? Our recruiting trend as of late shows that we're sitting on three 4* Dual-Threat QB's in Green, Carnes and Turner. If the Arizona game was any indication of that "system" then we can probably expect our future QB's to run it 10-20 times per game. As ugly of a runner as Zac Lee is, he did run the ball 18 times in that game.

Also worth noting is the new article in today's LJS that hints at some sort of transition in the offense. Not sure what to make of it, but here's the exact quote from Shawn Watson himself:

As for Nebraska's changing offense, "I've always tried to stay on the cutting edge," the coach said. "I push myself and keep my box open to new ideas and trends to attack a defense. I mean, that's my job, to stay ahead of the curve. So this has been a real easy transition."

This tells me that our Dual-Threat QB's will be using their legs as much as their arms in the future. At least that's how I'm interpreting the statement. Since it's well known that Bo wants a 50/50 rush/pass offense, that's probably a valid interpretation.

However your point is noted because Crouch and Lord were products of a completely different offensive philosophy. Until we see what this so-called transition is that Watson speaks of, I'd hold off on any QB comparison statements to the contrary. Watson just might surprise us next season and our QB's will be running as much as they are gunning.

i expect the offense to continue to resemble what we saw in the bowl game. obviously the tendencies and perentages will vary a little each season based upon personnel, but i think we saw the future: a significant number of QB runs designed to get the safeties moving forward combined with a physical ground game and a potent passing attack. of course, you can expect future QB's to be greater threats on those running plays (though, to zac's credit, he did finally look like he was running like he meant it).

I expect the offense to reflect the talents of the QB who is operating it. If it doesn't it might be time to re-evaluate just exactly what we are doing. In the late 90s Tenn competed for a national championship with drop-back QB (Manning) and won one with a dual threat guy (Tee Martin) so this thought that we have to have a certain type of QB is flawed.

In passing, tell him NOT to act like a previous QB we had named Jamal and run out of bounds instead of fighting for yards to continue crucial drives....DAMN, I had to bring that painful, painful memory back up.

In all honesty, what attracted him to the Huskers...coaches, facility, academics, history??

perhaps you're thinking of joe dailey, because lord was a beast with the ball in his hands.

:yeah

Jamal Lord was an absolute warrior at QB for NU. Please don't mistake J-Lo for Daily.

I don't think the NU QB single game rushing record holder, 234 yards against Texas, fits this description.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! I cannot believe I made that mistake.... :facepalm:

Alright guys, Jamal Turner changed his mind and decided not to do the interview... I thought he would since he seemed really excited about it, but I guess not... :dunno Sorry for the disappointment. I guess I'll throw out some of these... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: and some of these... <_< <_< <_<

Can this become just a Jamal Turner thread?

Who do you think will start first, Carnes or Turner? :dumdum

Alright guys, Jamal Turner changed his mind and decided not to do the interview... I thought he would since he seemed really excited about it, but I guess not... :dunno Sorry for the disappointment. I guess I'll throw out some of these... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: and some of these... <_< <_< <_<

Can this become just a Jamal Turner thread?

Who do you think will start first, Carnes or Turner? :dumdum

Turner