NCAA College Football 10'.....ugh defense

Ok so a few days ago I decided to pull out the College Football game on the PS3 and start a Dynasty and go thru all of the recruiting, season, etc. I start out playing the season and I'm controlling Ndamukong Suh and I can't even break thru the line about 10%-20% and if you do you get picked up by another lineman or the QB throws the ball away and this was against FAU and Louisiana-Lafayette....seriously. I've tried everything with the analog stick and/or hitting the R2/L2 buttons and nothing works. There are times where I'll pull off a swim move or a spin move but yet I'll get picked up by another lineman and I can't get by him.

Against Baylor last night I managed to get passed the first lineman by a spin move to my left but got picked up by another lineman. I tried doing another spin move or a swim move and the QB had ALL DAY TO THROW THE FREAKING BALL. The QB literally could of sat down and fell a sleep and nobody would've touched him. Putting pressure on the QB in this game is worthless at times unless you blitz the LB's.

On a side not I lost the #1 scrambler QB in the nation to Florida last night and comparing Florida's rankings with Nebraska rankings with the fan base, academics, championships, pro chances, coaching, facilites, etc it seemed that Florida had almost all A+. I know they've won 2 BCS National Titles but I think they had Florida at an A+ and Nebraska at an A in the Championship category when we have 5 compared to their 3. Oh well, looks like I gotta whip #2 Florida's ass in the Title game but first I gotta beat #1 Oklahoma tonight....#1 against #3 in Lincoln.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so a few days ago I decided to pull out the College Football game on the PS3 and start a Dynasty and go thru all of the recruiting, season, etc. I start out playing the season and I'm controlling Ndamukong Suh and I can't even break thru the line about 10%-20% and if you do you get picked up by another lineman or the QB throws the ball away and this was against FAU and Louisiana-Lafayette....seriously. I've tried everything with the analog stick and/or hitting the R2/L2 buttons and nothing works. There are times where I'll pull off a swim move or a spin move but yet I'll get picked up by another lineman and I can't get by him.

Against Baylor last night I managed to get passed the first lineman by a spin move to my left but got picked up by another lineman. I tried doing another spin move or a swim move and the QB had ALL DAY TO THROW THE FREAKING BALL. The QB literally could of sat down and fell a sleep and nobody would've touched him. Putting pressure on the QB in this game is worthless at times unless you blitz the LB's.

On a side not I lost the #1 scrambler QB in the nation to Florida last night and comparing Florida's rankings with Nebraska rankings with the fan base, academics, championships, pro chances, coaching, facilites, etc it seemed that Florida had almost all A+. I know they've won 2 BCS National Titles but I think they had Florida at an A+ and Nebraska at an A in the Championship category when we have 5 compared to their 3. Oh well, looks like I gotta whip #2 Florida's ass in the Title game but first I gotta beat #1 Oklahoma tonight....#1 against #3 in Lincoln.

In order to get more realistic play, like Suh actually being able to get sacks, you need to adjust the game sliders. They help balance out the AI in the game and make it more realistic. Here is the set that I use, and I have gotten much better results (but they arn't perfect). As for Florida being a A+'s against our A's, it's probably because they have won more very recently, while for NEB it's been a while since we went to a BCS game.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing online (Xbox 360), and I cannot seem to score on anyone other than pick 6's. Any tips? It's becoming a tad frustrating, hah.

Use a mobile quarterback and scramble to the side and wait for an open receiver, or just take off. That is probably the cheapest and easiest way for me.

The best way to get to the qb is to use a DE. I've never been able to have success while starting as a DT, even with the almighty Suh. When controlling the DE, dont mess around with spin and swim moves, just outrun the offensive lineman and sack the qb. Even if the OL is decent, you should acquire atleast 4 sacks per game AND if you are playing online, more than that.

Online offense, scrambling/dual threat qbs are the way to go. The ability to run out of a passing play really keeps your opponent guessing.

I've been playing online (Xbox 360), and I cannot seem to score on anyone other than pick 6's. Any tips? It's becoming a tad frustrating, hah.

Use a mobile quarterback and scramble to the side and wait for an open receiver, or just take off. That is probably the cheapest and easiest way for me.

Exactly.

Some of the best gamers I've come across, however, use teams without mobile quarterbacks. But, having the ability to expand the play if it doesn't work for you is great.

One thing that is REALLY frustrating to people is playing as Georgia Tech. I can't tell you how many people get upset with me after posting 350+ yards rushing and winning by 4 touchdowns.

Exactly.

Some of the best gamers I've come across, however, use teams without mobile quarterbacks. But, having the ability to expand the play if it doesn't work for you is great.

One thing that is REALLY frustrating to people is playing as Georgia Tech. I can't tell you how many people get upset with me after posting 350+ yards rushing and winning by 4 touchdowns.

Yeah, my buddy only plays as Georgia Tech and if you can use their option offense well, its super frustrating. However, there are a couple of defensive schemes i've used that completely shut it down.

Exactly.

Yeah, my buddy only plays as Georgia Tech and if you can use their option offense well, its super frustrating. However, there are a couple of defensive schemes i've used that completely shut it down.

When playing GT...Play as the middle linebacker and follow the motion, it'll take you to the play 80% of the time.