If Suh doesn't go to the Rams...

GMoose

If the Rams pass on Suh (which is beginning to look more and more like a possibility) for Bradford, what happens to Suh? In all likelyhood, the Lions take him at #2. But I've also heard rumors that the Eagle are interested in some sort of involving Donovan McNabb for the first pick. I've also heard that the Tampa Bay may be interested in trading up for the top pick, but who from the Bucs would be worth a #1 pick? Either way, here's what I'd like to see, in order:

Eagles trade up and get Suh, or

Suh goes #1 overall to St. Louis, or

Either the Bucs trade up or Suh falls to #3 overall and joins Barrett Ruud in Tampa.

Rumors circulating in St. Louis (my hometown) is that the Rams are possibly trading their 2nd round pick (#34 overall) for McNabb. If they do it, they'd be nuts to not take either Suh or McCoy. If they don't get McNabb, expect them to draft Bradford. Hard to win without a QB. Trading a 2nd round pick for a 33 year old QB is a huge mistake IMO, unless you expect to get next year's #1 pick. More good QB's coming next year.

That's very true. It would be nice to see another Husker with the #1 overall pick, I think Irving Fryar was the last in '84. But most of all I'd like to see go to a team with some sort of upside. It would be a shame for him to have a 9-12 year career without any team success.

Dude from SI thinks the Rams take Bradford and Suh goes to the Lions. The only thing cool about being the #1 pick is the $$$$$ and the publicity for the school because everyone in the world is watching the first pick.

Buccs want Suh and would have to trade for the 1st pick. What I don't get is that the Rams could easily move down to 3 and get Bradford while getting at least a 3rd rounder(quality pick) or something like that from the Buccs for 1st pick. Then they could also pay Bradford less. It would be a win/win for the Rams to do that. Thats just the way I see it. Not to mention I bet my roommate a couple months ago 30 bucks that Suh would go #1, like he should.

• Fire 1

look Bill Devaney, you'd better not screw this up, or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So far as QB, there's no sure thing in this draft, fix it in the 2nd or 3rd ( Lefever comes to mind) or trade for a vetern, but do not screw up this #1 pick with anything but the surest bet.

• Fire 1

Kansas Husker:

Great point. If Rams want QB, they know that the Lions and Bucs will take DTs. Good insight. I hadn't thought of that scenario. I did know that Freeman wanted Suh in Tampa.

Actually, early talk was that Tampa would give picks from 1-2-3 and josh johnson. That seemed a litte crazy but it was certain they wanted to trade at least 2 out of 3