Twitter question

So I joined Twitter a while ago and it's OK, but I haven't been using it much because it's so annoyingly full of posts by other people. I started following Andy Staples and Stewart Mandel of SI, and my feed is nothing but them yacking at people. How can I follow people but not have my page SO cluttered by their nonsense? I just want to check their stuff once in a while.

• Fire 2

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago when I saw that Suh started an account. I also started following Bill Simmons but got so annoyed with what he was posting (and the frequency - like every 10 mins about complete b.s.) that I dropped him.

Now I only follow athletes and I'm back to liking it. I went to KU so I follow a few KU NBAers....they are my favorite b/c they'll have conversations between each other and I get be a part of it. Suh's tweets are also pretty solid...he puts links up to what he's doing, says how the combine went, etc.

They way I get rid of the clutter is by using a Twitter iPhone application (called Echofon). This allows me to only see tweets of people I'm following and gets rid of a lot of the random b.s.

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago when I saw that Suh started an account. I also started following Bill Simmons but got so annoyed with what he was posting (and the frequency - like every 10 mins about complete b.s.) that I dropped him.

Now I only follow athletes and I'm back to liking it. I went to KU so I follow a few KU NBAers....they are my favorite b/c they'll have conversations between each other and I get be a part of it. Suh's tweets are also pretty solid...he puts links up to what he's doing, says how the combine went, etc.

I only follow 8 people and never plan to tweet anything myself. I think of it as a way to be involved in someone life that I never normally would be a part of.

I think they call that stalking. Right? Just playin :lol:

I only follow 8 people and never plan to tweet anything myself. I think of it as a way to be involved in someone life that I never normally would be a part of.

I think they call that stalking. Right? Just playin :lol:

:laughpound I had just gone back to edit that out....beat me to it!

Word of advice DO NOT set up the mobile alerts I have forrest griffen on mobile alerts. Need to take him off but I forgot my login and I might as well have adds for his sponsers sent directly tom because that's what it seems to be.

I had all mine set up for text alerts...then I got my phone bill. I called Verizon and threatened to cut of all of my fingers if they counted all of those text messages.

That's silly that you can't control the amount of content you see on your page. Mandel and Staples absolutely flood my feed with nonsense. I think Mandel uses Twitter like MSN.

But that's pretty much the whole point of "following."

Yea, I don't really get the Twitter craze either.

And strangely SkerChicago, that didn't really sound like stalking! I mean, it came off pretty bad but I see what you mean.