QB Brett Hundley

Nexus

This kid looks good!! My thing is this though... He wants to play for a system that will give him the best chance of getting to the NFL. Nebraska has not put any guys in the NFL that have stayed at QB and played. Even some of the greatest QB's to ever play at NU went to the NFL and got moved to other positions. I really don't think he goes West Coast... stanford, washington, etc.

Historically this is correct, and I'm sure it has a slight impact on an NU quarterback's evaluation. But, I don't think a quality QB that has the NFL measurables will have any problem making the NFL in our system today. The talk around Missouri is that Gabbert will leave early for the NFL. I don't see any reason why he couldn't have accomplished the same thing at NU that he has at MU. We just haven't had a prototypical NFL QB since the change in scheme. Hundley looks to fit that mold.

I was kind of guessing that Blaine would probably leave early. He is one of those kids that hit the genetic lottery with his build. Perfect NFL QB build.

This kid looks good!! My thing is this though... He wants to play for a system that will give him the best chance of getting to the NFL. Nebraska has not put any guys in the NFL that have stayed at QB and played. Even some of the greatest QB's to ever play at NU went to the NFL and got moved to other positions. I really don't think he goes West Coast... stanford, washington, etc.

Historically this is correct, and I'm sure it has a slight impact on an NU quarterback's evaluation. But, I don't think a quality QB that has the NFL measurables will have any problem making the NFL in our system today. The talk around Missouri is that Gabbert will leave early for the NFL. I don't see any reason why he couldn't have accomplished the same thing at NU that he has at MU. We just haven't had a prototypical NFL QB since the change in scheme. Hundley looks to fit that mold.

I was kind of guessing that Blaine would probably leave early. He is one of those kids that hit the genetic lottery with his build. Perfect NFL QB build.

His brother however does not have that luck. I really was never to worried when we lost him. I think he would come in and compete, but he is not the specimen his brother is. Also his high school numbers were somewhat mediocre.

Another thing I just thought about... Josh Freeman almost signed with us before switching to K-State at the last minute. If he would have there is a very good chance he would have gone NFL just like he did with K-State. He was a high pick in the NFL Draft at 17th overall in 2009, left a year early, and is the starting QB for Tampa Bay.

We lost out on Gabbert and Freeman... both would have been NU NFL QB's.

His brother however does not have that luck. I really was never to worried when we lost him. I think he would come in and compete, but he is not the specimen his brother is. Also his high school numbers were somewhat mediocre.

I agree. Tyler has an arm but that is it. He might do okay in a different offense ie Mizzou. I didnt lose any sleep when we lost Tyler but I was completely sick after we lost out on the possibility of getting Sean Robinson because of it.

Talking about QBs we lost is depressing. What about Hundley? A highly touted dual-threat. That sounds promising with our system. If he's coming to the spring game, I'm sure he's somewhat interested. Spring Game cam make that somewhat interest level sky rocket into genuine top 5 interest.

• 2 weeks later...

...this guy was supposed to be at the spring game but I haven't heard anything... did he make it? What did he think? Where do we stand?

Change of plans at the last minute, so he didn't make it.

Well that's fishy... he was stoked about it and bringing his whole family as of just a few days before... hmmmm...

Here are my general feelings about it. LINK

...this guy was supposed to be at the spring game but I haven't heard anything... did he make it? What did he think? Where do we stand?

Well that's fishy... he was stoked about it and bringing his whole family as of just a few days before... hmmmm...

Shameless self promotion is what that is. I guess that comes with the territory when you are one of the resident recruiting experts (see also EZ-E and SkerChicago)

Shameless self promotion is what that is. I guess that comes with the territory when you are one of the resident recruiting experts (see also EZ-E and SkerChicago)

:facepalm::LOLtartar

:rollin:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

Sorry but that was epic. That's the new internet lingo right???

Without these guys, Chicago, Nexus and EZ, there isn't a recruiting section on this site.

Again, sorry, don't know why, but your comment made me LMAO again. These dudes don't give a sh!t about being right or wrong, they're just husker fans on this site.

:rollin:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

Sorry but that was epic. That's the new internet lingo right???

Without these guys, Chicago, Nexus and EZ, there isn't a recruiting section on this site.

Again, sorry, don't know why, but your comment made me LMAO again. These dudes don't give a sh!t about being right or wrong, they're just husker fans on this site.

I'm glad you got a laugh, that is what I was going for. Guess my job is done for today.

• 4 weeks later...