Player: Brett Hundley

Hometown: Chandler, AZ

School: Chandler HS

Position: QB (Dual-Threat)

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 210 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona St., Baylor, Colorado, Colorado St., Kansas St., Montana, Nebraska, Stanford, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, Washington

Committed to UCLA

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#12)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#5)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#5)

Chandler junior quarterback Brett Hundley said he had been receiving mail from Nebraska. But when the Cornhuskers offered him a football scholarship Monday, he called it, "a shocker."

"I really didn't expect that," he said.

Hundley said he plans to visit Nebraska on the weekend of April 16-18 and watch the Cornhuskers' annual Red-White spring game on the 17th.

That is the same weekend as Arizona State's Junior Day, Hundley said.

This past weekend, the 6-foot-3, 210-pound Hundley attended Colorado's Junior Day. He said he visited the campus last year. He has family in the Boulder area. He said the visit went really well. He got to spend time with head coach Dan Hawkins this time around.

So far Hundley, a running quarterback who has a strong, accurate arm, has received offers from Colorado, Colorado State, ASU, Stanford, Montana, Texas A&M and Nebraska.

The honor-roll student said he doesn't have a favorite.

"I'm keeping my eyes open," said Hundley, who recently was chosen top quarterback out of more than 100 at Steve Clarkson's Dreammaker Camp in Pasadena. "I know quarterbacks usually commit early, but I want to make sure. I'll know when it's right."

LINK

Same school as Christian Westerman right?

Same city...different school. Westerman goes to Hamilton.

That's too bad, that may have been one way to draw Westerman's interest. So who should we be most interested in as another QB to the class? This guy? Vick or Bender from Lincoln? Suntrup? What do you guys think?

Suntrup, or Hundley. Suntrup loved his Junior day visit, and I dont think either is afriad of competition. Bender is a 2012 prospect so we will have to wait and see on him. Vick is probably a prefered walkon, or he might go to the basketball route. Another guy to keep an eye on is Brock Berglund, a dual threat quarterback from Highlands Ranch Colorado.

A couple of key factors for the dual-threat signal-caller will be academics and finding a scheme that he can fit into with the ultimate goal of playing in the NFL in mind.

"My GPA is 3.9, so school is a major thing, and I want to be a doctor," he said. "When you look at Oregon, their spread offense is great. Also, going to a pro-style offense would be smart because it would help you get to the league. Playing under center is something to look at that would help prepare me to have a chance to play in the league."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4959916

Look out for Stanford and Washington if he wants to play under center.

• 5 weeks later...

This kid looks good!! My thing is this though... He wants to play for a system that will give him the best chance of getting to the NFL. Nebraska has not put any guys in the NFL that have stayed at QB and played. Even some of the greatest QB's to ever play at NU went to the NFL and got moved to other positions. I really don't think he goes West Coast... stanford, washington, etc.

This kid looks good!! My thing is this though... He wants to play for a system that will give him the best chance of getting to the NFL. Nebraska has not put any guys in the NFL that have stayed at QB and played. Even some of the greatest QB's to ever play at NU went to the NFL and got moved to other positions. I really don't think he goes West Coast... stanford, washington, etc.

Actually Nebraska has put a starting QB in the league. I doubt Mr. Hundley remembers, however.

Actually Nebraska has put a starting QB in the league. I doubt Mr. Hundley remembers, however.

We may be in the running since we are well on our way of becoming a top 10 team year in and year out.

Also, he appears on film to have a "lazer" for an arm that with some great feet is a great combination.

I hope NU can land him.

Historically this is correct, and I'm sure it has a slight impact on an NU quarterback's evaluation. But, I don't think a quality QB that has the NFL measurables will have any problem making the NFL in our system today. The talk around Missouri is that Gabbert will leave early for the NFL. I don't see any reason why he couldn't have accomplished the same thing at NU that he has at MU. We just haven't had a prototypical NFL QB since the change in scheme. Hundley looks to fit that mold.