Which would you rather have for Suh?

The Choices of Master Suh-wise  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's a huge cachet of glory for the first overall draft pick, not to mention a ton of cash. For the good of Ndamukong Suh, for the good of the Huskers, where would you prefer to see him drafted?

If he goes first overall, that's great publicity for Nebraska. It's the first guy drafted #1 overall since Irving Fryar, more than 25 years ago. On top of that, Suh gets the biggest paycheck in the draft, enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life. However, the top pick gets put under a microscope like no other player, and the fall can be hard if he fails to live up to the hype.

If he goes to a good team, he sacrifices the money, the fame, the notoriety for the school and all that goes along with it. However, his chances of being productive in the long term may go up, and the harsh lights won't shine as brightly as they will for the #1 pick. On a good team a good player can expect multiple Pro Bowls and have a longevity that a #1 pick, going to a worse team, may not have.

• Fire 2

I voted "First Overall Pick."

I really believe that Suh is going to make dramatic improvement to ANY D-line he may jump into. I understand that he probably will not be as dominating as he was in the college ranks, because of the much more talented O-lines he will face. However, I still think he will perform well enough and pull his own weight on any defense. The only downside I can see is that he will get more or less recognition depending on which team he goes to.

Definitely a good team. Money isn't going to be an issue. Regardless if he goes first or third, he's going to be making at least eight million dollars a year. I don't think the 1st pick publicity is that big of a deal. He's already gotten more publicity than any of us could've asked for since the Texas game. Getting taken 2nd or 3rd isn't going to take any of that away.

I'd love to see go #1 for the pub, but I'd rather see him succeed on a good team. Sounds like Bradford is going 1, so in all likelihood Suh goes to Detroit. Which (I can't believe I'm saying this, but) doesn't sound all that bad. They just got Vanden Bosch, and they also picked up that DT from the Browns. He could be part of a pretty good D-line again in the pros. If they take Suh 2nd, and maybe a RB early in the second round, maybe they can get something going next season. maybe. <_<

Good poll, knapplc. I picked 1st overall pick b/c he absolutely deserves it. I understand NFL teams have needs, but sometimes you just have to go with the one who is head & shoulders above the rest, and that's Suh to a T.

Regardless of $ or team, Suh is gonna make his NFL team a contender. Some players just have that kind of impact, & he is certainly capable.

I'd love to see go #1 for the pub, but I'd rather see him succeed on a good team. Sounds like Bradford is going 1, so in all likelihood Suh goes to Detroit. Which (I can't believe I'm saying this, but) doesn't sound all that bad. They just got Vanden Bosch, and they also picked up that DT from the Browns. He could be part of a pretty good D-line again in the pros. If they take Suh 2nd, and maybe a RB early in the second round, maybe they can get something going next season. maybe. <_<

This was my thinking too. Suh is the #1 guy in this draft hands down, but if he doesn't get picked at #1 then it's ok. The Lions seem like they are intent on turning things around so I have a good feeling about him going there. I really hope Bradford goes to St. Louis. One of the guys in the Rams office (not sure if he was an owner or GM) said he wasn't sure who was better...McCoy or Suh? I am sorry, but if you can't tell the difference between the two then you don't deserve to win games and you don't deserve Suh's service. Granted he could have just been saying that to keep things close to the chest.

I hope that whoever picks up Suh...that they have the coaches that can keep him progressing to be one of the best DT's we have ever seen in the NFL.

The money would be nice that comes with that 1st overall pick, and the prestige it would bring to Nebraska, but for Suh, the best thing would be to get on a good team and contribute, and possibly win a super bowl. That is what people would remember more than just being the 1st pick.