Favorite way to travel to the Stadium

Bradr

Leave Denver at 545 am

Pick up brother in Ft. Collins at 652am

Drive I-80 East through Wyoming, stop at Flying J to get some gas and red bull, beef jerky, and roasted nutz...deez nutz

Call dad, whose leaving kansas at precisely 7am

Meet together in York, park our vehicle...climb into dads Ford Big Red Machine Pickup

Dad drives, brother and I (and whoever else we bring) begin sippin on some Fat Tire or 90 schilling

Get to linclon around 11am, fire up grill at Indian Sober House north of the Stadium

Get out football, play catch

Eat buffalo burgers, drink some Jameson, laugh a lot...watch people

Fill flask w/ jameson and 7up, grab 2 beers each and head towards bridge

Stand by the Tacklers statue and meet people milling around

Go see Tom Osborne and Brooke B.

Go into stadium exactly 45 minutes before kickoff

Revel in the Electricity

Finish the flask by 1st Qtr

Eat Runza and Vals to start sobering up

Cheer, Cheer, Cheer....stand, stand, stand up!

File out of stadium, discuss plays

Finish chips and dip at Pickup while traffic crawls by

Get to york while listening to interviews and post game

Discuss all our brilliant answers to problems if we lost, talk about how bad ass we are if we won

Split up at York, grab coffee

Drop off Brother at 4am

Crawl into bed at 522am

Dream about next week

that's a 24 hour Husker Gameday story right there....

• Fire 1

Leave Denver at 545 am

Pick up brother in Ft. Collins at 652am

Drive I-80 East through Wyoming, stop at Flying J to get some gas and red bull, beef jerky, and roasted nutz...deez nutz

Call dad, whose leaving kansas at precisely 7am

Meet together in York, park our vehicle...climb into dads Ford Big Red Machine Pickup

Dad drives, brother and I (and whoever else we bring) begin sippin on some Fat Tire or 90 schilling

Get to linclon around 11am, fire up grill at Indian Sober House north of the Stadium

Get out football, play catch

Eat buffalo burgers, drink some Jameson, laugh a lot...watch people

Fill flask w/ jameson and 7up, grab 2 beers each and head towards bridge

Stand by the Tacklers statue and meet people milling around

Go see Tom Osborne and Brooke B.

Go into stadium exactly 45 minutes before kickoff

Revel in the Electricity

Finish the flask by 1st Qtr

Eat Runza and Vals to start sobering up

Cheer, Cheer, Cheer....stand, stand, stand up!

File out of stadium, discuss plays

Finish chips and dip at Pickup while traffic crawls by

Get to york while listening to interviews and post game

Discuss all our brilliant answers to problems if we lost, talk about how bad ass we are if we won

Split up at York, grab coffee

Drop off Brother at 4am

Crawl into bed at 522am

Dream about next week

that's a 24 hour Husker Gameday story right there....

I like the dedication. Anytime for sleep in there??

I've got a room booked at the Embassy Suites on 1040 P Street. I can walk from there, right?

Not only that, but there's a tailgate at the Embassy Suites you should look into. They have a band and drinks and food. I would recommend walking all over downtown, but you've got a nice one built in right where you're staying.

There is just something about heading down Interstate 80 West and getting close to Lincoln when you slow to a stop and everybody is decked out in red and waving to each other. I usually go with my Wife or my Younger Brother, though I haven't been in a while. Hopefully that will change this year. Seeing Memorial Stadium off the road, coming into view, is like a great egress, or holy grail for me too.

The Father in "Rudy", when he sees Notre Dame's Stadium live instead of on TV, and says, "This is the most beautiful sight that these eyes have ever seen". When I was at my first game in 1995, I felt the same way. The sun on your face, the feel of the crowd, the Cornhusker Fan connection, makes it all worthwhile.

Leave approx. 4 hours prior to game up hi-way 99 to 77 north. Grit my teeth when crossing the state line into Nebraska (Kansas roads are beautifully smooth)But I know that when my truck begins to rumble on the road that I'am back in Huskerland. Meet Dad and Brothers at the "O" street Village Inn and have our pre-game meal.Leave 1 hour prior to game time and park north east of stadium.Enjoy the sights and smells of all the tail-gates on the way. Throw a few passes in the Cook Pavilion before entering the stadium.

Take our seats in the stadium and just "Breath" in the atmosphere and closeness of being in the "Husker family".Enjoy the Game then return with family to Grand Island and Golf for the next 3 days. Then return to the vermin filled "Purple Kitties" in Manhattan and wait until I can get tickets again. :lol: