Will Cody Green rise to expectations in 2010?

Nexus

yeah he will rise to his backup position yeah....

how is this post at -2? he's stating his opinion, which honestly, will probably be the way it unfolds.. Lee was injured last season (idc if you think "significant" or not, the kid played through it, never used it as an excuse, finished the season strong), and Cody got an opportunity and failed. He needs a season to redshirt and learn the offense a little better to take over after Zac n get 3 strong years in.

thank you sir. 100% agreed.

Ok...let's tackle the issues in this thread

1. Zac Lee is not athletic....I would offer that I feel that he is more athletic than Cody Green. There is more to athleticism than being a good runner. He is just as fast, just as elusive, and if you don't believe that you weren't watching any games last year. Green is not elusive at all, he tries to run by or over people, never tries to make people miss. Lee is a better passer, has a far superior arm, and has better vision.

2. Zac Lee was hesitant to step up in the pocket or to take off and "run with authority". This comment is absolutely true, because WATSON TOLD HIM NOT TO. Don't any of you remember that after we lost Spano Watson told Lee to be conservative and protect himself? How is it so many of us have short memory for these things?

3. Cody Green underperformed as a true freshman QB at a storied/major program in the Big XII. Absolutely not, what did you expect of him? I don't put much stock into stars, but he wasn't even a 5* kid in high school. I think he was fine, not better than Lee but good enough to garner some playing time.

4. Zac Lee's injury didn't effect him that much. Bull Sh!t. He had Tommy John's (basically, a version of) surgery for Christ Sake. That injury ends the season and sometimes the career (at least how it was) of MLB pitchers.

5. Zac Lee was hesitant to make throws. Brett Favre was quoted when he played for the Jets that he was afraid to make a lot of throws when his arm was hurt. He said he wasn't sure he could trust his arm to hit the target the way he wanted it to. That is why he played so poorly the end of that season. That is a guy that has never been afraid to force a throw, saying an arm injury caused HIM to hesitate. You don't think a guy who was a first time starter that was told over and over again to go in there and not make mistakes and manage the game wouldn't feel the same, yet amplified 10 times?

Cody Green is going to have to improve a ton in order to unseat Zac Lee as our starting QB next year. I somehow think he will make a run at it, but Lee will start.

CODY GREEN WILL NEVER BE VINCE YOUNG!

Stop putting unrealistic expectations on this kid.

• Fire 1

Do you ever sleep Nexus?

Nexus is (Half man + Half Robot = All Husker)

Actually, Nexus isn't a poster. Nexus is an automated script we wrote that crawls sites like HuskerExtra and Rivals and posts player threads or articles above a quality threshold. AI these days, it's advanced, you know? He's even scripted to quote posts and reply with messages such as "yeah, I agree"; "no, that is totally wrong", and "This is how a Cover-2 works: ... " in order to simulate actual conversation. ;) We're actually working on a 2.0 version with simulated "sleep times" that we'll be rolling out later this week to provide everyone with a more realistic message board experience.

We were going to call him "Matrix," but those jerky Wachowski Bros. stole our name. <_<

Actually, Nexus isn't a poster. Nexus is an automated script we wrote that crawls sites like HuskerExtra and Rivals and posts player threads or articles above a quality threshold. AI these days, it's advanced, you know? He's even scripted to quote posts and reply with messages such as "yeah, I agree"; "no, that is totally wrong", and "This is how a Cover-2 works: ... " in order to simulate actual conversation. ;) We're actually working on a 2.0 version with simulated "sleep times" that we'll be rolling out later this week to provide everyone with a more realistic message board experience.

:laughpound I wondered where all those "thanks for the update" comments over on the recruiting forum came from.....and to think I just thought he was a nice guy.

+1

:laughpound I wondered where all those "thanks for the update" comments over on the recruiting forum came from.....and to think I just thought he was a nice guy.

+1

Ha ha! Code that passes the Turing Test.

:lol:

Good stuff, y'all. :clap