Whos Next?

I don't think so, his recruitment by us went fairly fast. He wasn't too talkative, then we were in the top, and just like that we got him.

So now who is next?

Kevin Williams day after the spring game.

Quincy Russell

Quincy Russell

I would take that. Especially stealing from Texas.

With the way things happened with Texas, I wouldn't be surprise me to see Russell as a Sker in a couple weeks.

I hope you and apeedlin are right, but he may be trigger shy now since he already had to reneg on one commitment.

I wouldn't be surprised of Kevin Williams and Jalen Grimble both pull the trigger within the next few weeks... my guess, they both heavily favor NU right now and after the spring game will go home, think about it and then be in sometime within a few weeks after the spring game.

I'd be surprised if Grimble jumps on board this soon. I would guess Williams might join but Grimble's decision will still be a while...I'd love to come back and eat all the crow I can on this one.

I suspect Jalen will wait awhile, he said he wanted to make a birthday day decision so lets hope his birthday isnt Feb 3.....

But the way Texas handeled the Quincy situation is not fair to the kid. Reminded me of how South Florida handeled the brion carnes thing. Quincy didnt pull a curtis carter or tyler gabbert on texas he was flat out honest with them and they told him they might not have rrom for him anymore....texas putting pressure on a kid who is making a life long decision doesnt seem right.

I suspect Jalen will wait awhile, he said he wanted to make a birthday day decision so lets hope his birthday isnt Feb 3.....

But the way Texas handeled the Quincy situation is not fair to the kid. Reminded me of how South Florida handeled the brion carnes thing. Quincy didnt pull a curtis carter or tyler gabbert on texas he was flat out honest with them and they told him they might not have rrom for him anymore....texas putting pressure on a kid who is making a life long decision doesnt seem right.

I agree. That's Texas though, they do it all the time. Mac Brown never even has to leave the state for recruiting. They bring in these kids from all over Texas for Jr days, Camps, and the Spring game... get a bunch of people in their ears... tell them how many spots they have left and then pressure the kid buy saying if they don't commit in the next couple of weeks they will lose the spot. It's Texas. That's how they fill up a class before season even begins pretty much. There was a report last month that Coach Brown called up Hakeem Flowers out in the Carolinas, gave him a verbal offer, and wanted him to commit over the phone. Flowers said he needed to take visits first, Brown said that he would give flowers a few weeks but if flowers didn't call back he couldn't promise there'd be a spot for him anymore. Brown also told Quincy Russell that Texas currently has 3 spots left... 1 for DT, 1 for DE, and 1 for RB. They stated that their top choices for DT and RB are Quincy Russell and Aaron Green... you can bet if these guys aren't committed by fall Texas will pressure both of them to make a decision. I personally, think that will turn Aaron Green off. And if we are paitent with both these kids, tell them to take their time, and encourage them to go talk it over with their families and think about it a while before making a decision... I'm willing to bet the recruits will see the difference, respect it, and go with the nice guy. :worship ... then again, it is the dark horse that is Texas, who knows what will happen. :facepalm:

I agree. That's Texas though, they do it all the time. Mac Brown never even has to leave the state for recruiting. They bring in these kids from all over Texas for Jr days, Camps, and the Spring game... get a bunch of people in their ears... tell them how many spots they have left and then pressure the kid buy saying if they don't commit in the next couple of weeks they will lose the spot. It's Texas. That's how they fill up a class before season even begins pretty much. There was a report last month that Coach Brown called up Hakeem Flowers out in the Carolinas, gave him a verbal offer, and wanted him to commit over the phone. Flowers said he needed to take visits first, Brown said that he would give flowers a few weeks but if flowers didn't call back he couldn't promise there'd be a spot for him anymore. Brown also told Quincy Russell that Texas currently has 3 spots left... 1 for DT, 1 for DE, and 1 for RB. They stated that their top choices for DT and RB are Quincy Russell and Aaron Green... you can bet if these guys aren't committed by fall Texas will pressure both of them to make a decision. I personally, think that will turn Aaron Green off. And if we are paitent with both these kids, tell them to take their time, and encourage them to go talk it over with their families and think about it a while before making a decision... I'm willing to bet the recruits will see the difference, respect it, and go with the nice guy. :worship ... then again, it is the dark horse that is Texas, who knows what will happen. :facepalm:

New teaser on Aaron Green from texas site, apparently he likes the offense....I hope you are right, they both seem like smart kids who will think this process out rationally and take their time. In the end I bet that will pay off for nebraska. With Ron Brown and Tim Beck in these kid's ears it could get interesting.

New teaser on Aaron Green from texas site, apparently he likes the offense....I hope you are right, they both seem like smart kids who will think this process out rationally and take their time. In the end I bet that will pay off for nebraska. With Ron Brown and Tim Beck in these kid's ears it could get interesting.

Ron Brown will help with both these kids because he is such a strong family guy and a strong Christian. Both are big for these two. Beck will help because... well its Beck... look at his track record! I think we can still get both. :koolaid2:

I have believed from the start that Williams would commit after the spring game and now I think Green, Russell and Grimble could commit shortly after the spring game.I have no data just the way things are falling into place. A Green and Q Russell ties the backing out of the Texas commit and the planned trip to the spring game with A Green. Grimble is coming with his family that's a great sign and we are at the top of his list. Oh and we can play the Suh card :corndance:corndance

I have believed from the start that Williams would commit after the spring game and now I think Green, Russell and Grimble could commit shortly after the spring game.I have no data just the way things are falling into place. A Green and Q Russell ties the backing out of the Texas commit and the planned trip to the spring game with A Green. Grimble is coming with his family that's a great sign and we are at the top of his list. Oh and we can play the Suh card :corndance:corndance

I like your attitude and I'll have big glass of the :koolaid2: that you're having. :thumbs

I like your attitude and I'll have big glass of the :koolaid2: that you're having. :thumbs

2.jpg