Just ran into Zac Lee again

Ran into ZLee this morning. He looks good, and he said his arm is doing fine. I asked about the O Line and he was very positive about it, said they're going to be good this year and that Yoshi is a beast. I asked about Yoshi's hand and Zac said it was fine, that now Yoshi has "a weapon." He sounded really up-beat about Hardrick, and the line in general.

Overall he looked and sounded really good, very positive.

did he mention anything about me?? or all the fan letters i sent him? or even the locke of my own hair?? most likely not i guess... while he is 3/4th cocky is also 1/3 bashful too..... i guess he like to keep his fan letter private......

All I could think of while reading this was the scene in Saving Silverman when they kidnapped Neil Diamond

I asked about Yoshi's hand and Zac said it was fine, that now Yoshi has "a weapon."

Ha ha! The club almost seems like an advantage for linemen. Both offense and defense. I wouldn't want to get thumped in the chest with one.

I asked about Yoshi's hand and Zac said it was fine, that now Yoshi has "a weapon."

Ha ha! The club almost seems like an advantage for linemen. Both offense and defense. I wouldn't want to get thumped in the chest with one.

Getting cracked around the ear hole with one of them things will mess you up in a hell of a hurry.

Anyone not penciling Yoshi into the starting lineup come Fall camp had better reconsider. I think he's the best lineman we've got.

I asked Zac if the line was going to keep him better protected this year and he was all compliments for those guys, but I think Yoshi was the only name he mentioned. That may have been after I asked him about the hand, though. It's been a long day since breakfast.

Second time running into ZLee in random places, and both times he's been very friendly. He doesn't know me from Adam, yet he takes a minute to say hi, answer some questions, shoot the breeze. I don't care if he never takes another snap at Nebraska - he's a good guy, and I'm damned glad to have a guy like that on our team. :thumbs

Getting cracked around the ear hole with one of them things will mess you up in a hell of a hurry.

Or bashed in the hand while jockeying for position.

Anyone not penciling Yoshi into the starting lineup come Fall camp had better reconsider. I think he's the best lineman we've got.

We haven't really seen Yoshi play besides Junior College film instead of Big 12 play and non conference games, so right now I'm not saying that he's the best we've got.

I'm not going to bite into all of this hype until we actually see the product on the field come September 4th. Its great to hear how these players are developing and turning heads and selling newspapers.

A lot of us bought into the hype of Zac Lee and Cody Green last offseason and some even predicted that Cody Green would be our starter for the conference opener against Mizzou. So much talk on how faster Zac Lee was and a better passer compared to Ganz but yet he struggled all year and then the talk of Cody and how he was gaining on Zac Lee during practice and giving Lee a run for his money.

We still haven't seen Jeremiah Sirles (coming off a knee injury) and Brent Qvale both were highly talked about during the 09 recruiting. I think that Ricky Henry is one of the best we have and I was really impressed with Caputo last year when he came in to relieve Hickman.

We haven't really seen Yoshi play besides Junior College film instead of Big 12 play and non conference games, so right now I'm not saying that he's the best we've got.

I'm not going to bite into all of this hype until we actually see the product on the field come September 4th. Its great to hear how these players are developing and turning heads and selling newspapers.

A lot of us bought into the hype of Zac Lee and Cody Green last offseason and some even predicted that Cody Green would be our starter for the conference opener against Mizzou. So much talk on how faster Zac Lee was and a better passer compared to Ganz but yet he struggled all year and then the talk of Cody and how he was gaining on Zac Lee during practice and giving Lee a run for his money.

We still haven't seen Jeremiah Sirles (coming off a knee injury) and Brent Qvale both were highly talked about during the 09 recruiting. I think that Ricky Henry is one of the best we have and I was really impressed with Caputo last year when he came in to relieve Hickman.

Yeah, I'm still skeptical too. But I hope Yoshi turns out to be everything people are saying he is. Guess we will find out a bit more at the spring game. Hope he is matched up with some of our 1s to give us a good show.