Garrett Gilbert

I saw some clips of him on ESPN from the spring game. He looked very polished and very good. We are definitely going to have our work cut out for us on the 16th of October. Here are a few articles for those of you who didn't catch the highlights.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/gilbert-impresses-in-orange-white-game-522699.html

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/longhorns/UT_unveils_run-first_offense_at_scrimmage.html?showFullArticle=y

Any one who watched the Texas Alabama game, knows that kid is good, very good. Texas will be hitting on all cylinders come the 16th of October, but that is exactly what we want. We need to play and beat good/great/excellent competition to truly be back in the nations eye. Look at it as an opportunity to prove we belong.

Bo will have the kids ready to play the game of their lives, and so will Mac Brown. This could be for a change in the power of the Big 12. I can hardly wait and I want Texas here in full strength, and undefeated.

We are headed back for the Texas game, can hardly wait.

Okay, Spring Game! Put no stock in it...remeber Joe Dailey didnt look all that bad either. Yes he will be very good, but who cares he's just ONE player. Remeber Jordan Shipley he was an all timer for Texas he was also the reciever for Texas that helped get them close Bama.

Any one who watched the Texas Alabama game, knows that kid is good, very good. Texas will be hitting on all cylinders come the 16th of October, but that is exactly what we want. We need to play and beat good/great/excellent competition to truly be back in the nations eye. Look at it as an opportunity to prove we belong.

Bo will have the kids ready to play the game of their lives, and so will Mac Brown. This could be for a change in the power of the Big 12. I can hardly wait and I want Texas here in full strength, and undefeated.

We are headed back for the Texas game, can hardly wait.

Ever so true. I hope to be there right with you!

Dont discredit a solid spring game. I think Zac Taylor had a pretty good spring game in 06, and turned out to be the Big 12 POY. He came out of the crucible of the NC game and didn't look so bad by the end. Oct 16 will not be a walk over.

By that logic, Latravis Washington should have been a star last year. The spring game is little, if any, indication of a player's true in-game performance. I'm not saying Gilbert isn't going to be good. I think he will be pretty good, but I base that more on his performance against 'Bama (not to mention the talent Texas has around him) than on his spring game statistics.