Tiger Woods / Michael Vick: Who did worse?

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think Tiger is "scum." I think he's stupid for cheating on his wife, but the tabloid nature of this is what's making him look bad. It's not my business who Tiger sleeps with, and while I wouldn't do what he's done, I understand why he did.

To me there's no comparison. It's Vick all the way.

I find abusing animals abhorrent...that being said, what Tiger did affected human beings. His wife, and his child specifically will have to carry this knowledge with them the rest of their lives-media or not there is no difference to me. The media certainly doesnt help, but even in a life away from cameras Tiger's indescretions and complete disregard for his family would cause decades of pain and mistrust. Emotional abuse such as that is every bit as devasting and life altering as physical. Tiger's misdeeds were many and completely selfish. He's a bigger ass in my book.

I don't think Tiger is "scum." I think he's stupid for cheating on his wife, but the tabloid nature of this is what's making him look bad. It's not my business who Tiger sleeps with, and while I wouldn't do what he's done, I understand why he did.

This.

Vick, Vick, Vick. Tiger never killed a soul...

and this.

The thing is, Tiger didn’t have just one transgression. He had a dozen girlfriends. A dozen that we know of anyway—-there may have been more. And he was boning these bimbos sans latex. Just asking for a STD. You’d think of all people, a golfer would know to wear a glove.

That, and Tiger’s family--Elin his wife, his mother, and kids--are going to have to live with this scandal for the rest of their lives. Everybody in the world knows Tiger and Elin’s dirt.

What Michael Vick did was reprehensible. There’s no denying that. But I think Michale Vick was crucified by a DA was making a name for himself mostly because Vick was the only celebrity out of those involved. Vick wasn’t the one living there. His buddies did. Michael Vick didn’t feed or train the dogs, or clean the kennels. Vick was the financial backer. He owned the house and paid the bills. That, and he watched the dog fights.

• Fire 1

I find abusing animals abhorrent...that being said, what Tiger did affected human beings. His wife, and his child specifically will have to carry this knowledge with them the rest of their lives-media or not there is no difference to me. The media certainly doesnt help, but even in a life away from cameras Tiger's indescretions and complete disregard for his family would cause decades of pain and mistrust. Emotional abuse such as that is every bit as devasting and life altering as physical. Tiger's misdeeds were many and completely selfish. He's a bigger ass in my book.

I disagree with you in some sense, a lot of people deal with crappy parents. It's not the end of the world, and it usually makes you stronger as a human being. I don't condone his cheating, but his biggest mistake was probably getting married in the first place. I don't imagine a lot of people with that kind of money and fame have the willpower to stay faithful. I do feel bad for his wife though, but she'll be alright.

Vick did kill dogs and whatnot, which is worse, but sometimes people make it seem like he should be executed or something. If you think about it, the factory farming we do to get cheap meat in this country is far worse than anything Vick did.

Vick did kill dogs and whatnot, which is worse, but sometimes people make it seem like he should be executed or something. If you think about it, the factory farming we do to get cheap meat in this country is far worse than anything Vick did.

Really? I've spent a fair portion of my life around farms, and I don't see them as anything remotely close to torturing and killing dogs for profit. Bodily slamming a dog into the ground until it's dead simply because it wouldn't fight seems like a completely different level than having affairs and/or raising cattle for slaughter.

Really? I've spent a fair portion of my life around farms, and I don't see them as anything remotely close to torturing and killing dogs for profit. Bodily slamming a dog into the ground until it's dead simply because it wouldn't fight seems like a completely different level than having affairs and/or raising cattle for slaughter.

I'm not talking about a family farm, I'm talking about the corporations that pack animals in horrible conditions and do whatever it takes to turn a bigger profit. Like ripping off the beaks of chickens, pumping them full of steroids, and failing to properly kill the animals for sake of efficiency.

I agree with you that dog fighting is much worse than a family farm raising it's own animals though.

Ah, OK. My experience with corporate farming is nil. I would agree that's horrendous.

Well, I don’t know about the corporate farming either. But I do agree with MIKE in that Tiger hurt people (his family) while Vick only hurt dogs. Or at least Vick bankrolled the people who hurt (killed) the dogs.

The way I see it,

people > dogs

tiger worse than vick /jmho

I couldn't agree more.

I completely disagree with what Tiger did. Every fiber of my being tells me that what he did is wrong. But, Michael Vick was responsible for death and torture.

Honestly, I kind of feel bad for Tiger. He cheated on his wife, and that's wrong, but he's still a person. I'm sure everyone on this board has hurt someone close to them. I wouldn't want my personal life being dredged up for the whole world to see. I know that's the price to be paid for being famous, and that tabloids just give the people what they want, but jeez! I hate hearing about this kind of stuff. Plus, no one even knows what his wife is like. Maybe Tiger was just lonely...

I couldn't agree more.

I completely disagree with what Tiger did. Every fiber of my being tells me that what he did is wrong. But, Michael Vick was responsible for death and torture.

Well, I guess Michael Vick is responsible inasmuch as his name was on the title of the house. He didn’t live there or personally care for the dogs.

Sure, Tiger didn’t kill any dogs. But he did screw a few dogs.

I couldn't agree more.

Well, I guess Michael Vick is responsible inasmuch as his name was on the title of the house. He didn’t live there or personally care for the dogs.

Sure, Tiger didn’t kill any dogs. But he did screw a few dogs.

True, yet he did nothing to stop what was going on. And I'm sure there were instances when he did something. I would find it hard to believe that he just let it go on without getting involved in one way or another. He had to have been one of the brain-children of the whole thing. I'd find it hard to believe that his buddies were like "hey let's put this completely illegal dog fighting ring on your property" with him playing no part in it.

I kind of look at it like I would Hitler. Sure, he wasn't physically responsible for killing millions of Jews, but it was his plan and his motives.

Two different ends of the spectrum, yes, but I still think it's warranted.