Sports most dominate teams

I always feel as though I was spoiled with this team/this era. I started following Husker football pretty closely at the end of 1992 (just turned 8) and got used to the dominance of the teams of this era. The '95 team seemed better than '94, but still seemed pretty normal for a NC team in my small world. Looking back, it really was an incredible team.

The fact that there was not one slip-up throught the whole season. A 35-21 win agains WSU was the closest game of the year, and if it wasnt nearly as close as the score. With all the went on that year off the field and injuries, the focus was so high that there was a complete dominance in all three phases week in and week out. Even the greatest of teams had games they either lost or nearly lost. How many years in a row now has USC been permanantly put up on a pedestal to start the year, then they endup crappin their pants against a nobody. Say what you want about the talent level and not showin up and so on, but the truly great teams dont pull that crap. Name any of the greatest teams and we could find that one slip up in their season, 95 Nebraska? none.

With all the went on that year off the field and injuries, the focus was so high that there was a complete dominance in all three phases week in and week out.

Were there injuries that year? I can only remember the Phillips suspension, which was major, but the QB injuries were 1994. Or is that what you are talking about, heavy focus from a team that had made it past an injury plagued season.

The fact that there was not one slip-up throught the whole season. A 35-21 win agains WSU was the closest game of the year, and if it wasnt nearly as close as the score. With all the went on that year off the field and injuries, the focus was so high that there was a complete dominance in all three phases week in and week out. Even the greatest of teams had games they either lost or nearly lost. How many years in a row now has USC been permanantly put up on a pedestal to start the year, then they endup crappin their pants against a nobody. Say what you want about the talent level and not showin up and so on, but the truly great teams dont pull that crap. Name any of the greatest teams and we could find that one slip up in their season, 95 Nebraska? none.

If we're talking strictly CFB, then I agree. But sports in general, and I say what the UCONN women's basketball program has done over the past 2 seasons has been done without a slip up. Yes they had a sloppy half last night, but they came out and dominated that 2nd half. That's what great teams do.

With all the went on that year off the field and injuries, the focus was so high that there was a complete dominance in all three phases week in and week out.

Were there injuries that year? I can only remember the Phillips suspension, which was major, but the QB injuries were 1994. Or is that what you are talking about, heavy focus from a team that had made it past an injury plagued season.

Clinton Childs had one against AZST, Benning had one against Pacific, which is what opened the door for Green. I guess injuries were'nt to rampid, but there was an off field incident prior too and throughout the early part of the season involving Riley Washington, and another one with Damon Benning. I think Christian Peter had a situation at one point in time, add that to Phillips and injuries to the #2 and 3 backs in a run first offense, and it was quite tumultuous. Other great teams cant be that dominant with a clean slate.

If we're talking strictly CFB, then I agree. But sports in general, and I say what the UCONN women's basketball program has done over the past 2 seasons has been done without a slip up. Yes they had a sloppy half last night, but they came out and dominated that 2nd half. That's what great teams do.

I had a feeling that would come up. Yes, i was addressing football only. Personally, i dont think there is a program in any sport that can challenge what Uconn is doing in womens basketball. What they are doing by not only winning, but winning handely every game is playstation stuff. It's ridiculous.

I had a feeling that would come up. Yes, i was addressing football only. Personally, i dont think there is a program in any sport that can challenge what Uconn is doing in womens basketball. What they are doing by not only winning, but winning handely every game is playstation stuff. It's ridiculous.

I'm a very casual fan of things not Husker Football..But I still think of recent Tennessee teams as the watermark for women's BB...but in all sports, I'd have to give the nod to John Wooden's UCLA BasketBall teams..Didn't they have seven years without a defeat in the early to mid 60's?