***European Soccer Thread***

Inzaghi Out For Season?

A statement on AC Milan's official website reads: "A.C. Milan communicates that Filippo Inzaghi had scans on Thursday and it showed a lesion of his anterior cruciate ligament in the left knee. After a consultation with doctor Piero Volpi, we confirm there will be surgical treatment."

II Corriere dello Sport is also reporting Alexandre Pato will miss the derby against Inter on Sunday, as well as next week's Fiorentina clash after he strained a muscle in his right leg.

NESV Appoint Search Firm To Find New Liverpool CEO

New England Sports Ventures have confirmed on Liverpool's official website that they have appointed global executive search firm Spencer Stuart to find a new CEO for the club.

The decision comes after former CEO Christian Purslow stepped down following John Henry’s successful takeover, and the search for his replacement will begin immediately.

Wesley Sneijder: "I have anemia."

Wesley Sneijder has been diagnosed with anemia after passing out at halftime during Internazionale's match with Brescia last Saturday.

"I started to shake and felt pain in my entire body," Sneijder told the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "In the changing room I got sick and passed out briefly."

"My heart and blood pressure were checked immediately. Later I traveled to the Netherlands for a second opinion. The conclusion was that I have anemia and my whole body is exhausted."