***European Soccer Thread***

Luis Suarez Banned 2 Games For Biting PSV's Bakkal

An announcement on Ajax's official website reads that Ajax have decided to hand Luis Suarez a 2 match ban following his involvement in an incident in the dying minutes of the scoreless draw with rival PSV. Several players were involved in a tussle at the end of the match and Suarez tried to take a bite out of PSV midfielder Otman Bakkal's left shoulder after the Dutch international allegedly stepped on Suarez's foot.

AC Milan Without Pirlo For Champions League Clash Against Auxerre

Massimiliano Allegri picked 21 players for the trip on Wednesday, but Pirlo, along with injured teammates Luca Antonini, Massimo Oddo, Filippo Inzaghi and Alexandre Pato, is out.

The Italian midfielder has been suffering from a muscular problem, and although he trained on Monday, he was left out as a precaution.

Real Madrid 4-0 Ajax

Benzema 36'

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3805610.html?v=4ea154fb20f7bbd3742f216542a5d14c&autoStart=true&bmstart=41643

Arbeloa 44'

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3805627.html?v=9c2ef5df8084bce3abf1af4aba3d5511&autoStart=true&bmstart=57344

Ronaldo 70'

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3805747.html?v=0db5d0055a144636aa28354706e35479&autoStart=true&bmstart=52373

Ronaldo 81'

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3805778.html?v=163bbbee2be45d7f6cd72eb577bcfe48&autoStart=true&bmstart=61568

6' Pedro Leon's shot blocked; took too long to shoot; was wide open in front of goal

6' Benzema's shot saved by Stekelenburg

19' Benzema's missile blocked by Stekelenburg

33' yellow card for Ramos; late challenge on Luis Suarez, but it looked like Suarez just slipped

34' Benzema's shot blocked by Stekelenburg

35' yellow card for Enoh, but Pedro Leon dove and was never touched

36' GOAL Benzema!

38' Marcelo's shot to near post punched out of bounds

43' Alderweireld stonewalls Benzema, but no card given!

44' GOAL Arbeloa!

47' Ronaldo's shot deflected by keeper and hits the crossbar; how did that not go in?

54' Benzema shoots high over the bar inside the box

61' yellow card for Ronaldo and De Zeeuw; Enoh tripped Ronaldo from behind after the ball had been played and received no card!

65' Di Maria on for Pedro Leon

68' yellow card for Alonso; threw the ball away after Albiol's foul on Suarez

69' Vertonghen's free kick bring out diving save from Casillas; first test of the night

70' GOAL Ronaldo!

76' Ozil's free kick brings out diving 1-handed save from Stekelenburg

80' Ozil fouled inside penalty box by Emanuelson; penalty kick awarded

81' GOAL Ronaldo!

82' Mateos on for Diarra; Canales on for Benzema

84' yellow card for Albiol; nasty foul on Suarez

87' yellow card for Alonso; refuses to take free kick and is booked for time wasting; sent off for 2 yellows

91' yellow card for Ramos; refuses to take goal kick and is booked for time wasting; sent off for 2 yellows

Barcelona 3-0 Panathinaikos

http://videos.sapo.pt/6alcWDmTGKtouTqz4QSt

an easy win for Barcelona. They played their entire backline at midfield, making for great opportunities for a Panathinaikos fastbreak.

11' bad foul on Iniesta by #29, but no yellow!

20' Cisse's shot blocked by Valdes with 1 hand; Pique and Puyol caught in no man's land

26' Adriano's curler punched away by keeper

27' GOAL Pedro

31' yellow card for Pique; body-checked #20

41' keeper snuffs out Villa whose first touch was too heavy

44' Pedro's shot blocked by keeper

45' Villa's shot palmed away

52' Adriano's curling shot to top right corner punched away by keeper

61' Pedro shoots over bar

62' GOAL Messi

68' Adriano's shot pushed away

69' GOAL Pedro

71' Keita on for Xavi

72' Abidal on for Pique

76' Maxwell on for Adriano

81' Referee stops match. Panathinaikos supporters setting off fireworks in the stands. A few minutes before a spectator ran onto the field to give Messi the bird. pathetic showing

88' Pedro's shot blocked

Reina: Top Players Will Leave Liverpool This Summer If Team Doesn't Improve This Season

"We have to finish this season in a better position than we are at the moment [ninth] and make sure we build for the next years and try to be competitive," said Reina.

"If not, it's going to be difficult for them to keep these kind of players."

Champions League qualification is, he says: "Possible; why not? But we have to be sure that we deliver better performances otherwise it's going to be really, really, really difficult."

"We are not probably as strong as Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and Tottenham can be so that's why we have to make sure we build a better squad," he added.

"At the moment, it's almost impossible to compete for nine months against Chelsea, for example, and that is what I want. The clubs all around England are building proper squads. We have to do the same and we have to be able to compete."

"We are not playing well enough, especially away from home, and we have to make sure we improve this aspect otherwise we will be struggling. It's so difficult to go anywhere and beat teams but if we want to be up there at the end of the season, we have to."

"I'm tired of football and don't want to play anymore." - Carlos Tevez

"I don't want to play any more," he said to TyC Sports. "I'm tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don't want to play any more, and I'm talking seriously...I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don't want to play in Argentina again. If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighborhood of Fuerte Apache as I don't like my way of life today."

"I don't want to suffer any more, I just want to be calm, I want some peace. But at the moment, football feels like a job for me."

Diego Milito Returns To Training After Tearing Hamstring

According to calciomercato.com, Milito returned to training on Thursday. The squad was divided into 3 groups. The first group consisted of those who played against Ajax on Tuesday. They did light aerobic exercises. The second group consisted of healthy players who did not play in Tuesday's Champions League game. The third group consisted of players on individual recovery programs looking to regain their fitness or recover from injury. Milito was part of the third group.