***European Soccer Thread***

Manchester United Send Wayne Rooney To America For Rehabilitation and Conditioning

Sir Alex Ferguson explained the decision to send Rooney to America on the club's official website:

"The simple reason Wayne’s going to the US is to continue his rehabilitation program and undergo a week of concentrated training and conditioning under the supervision of our medical and sports science staff. We’ve experienced the fantastic facilities at Nike in the past and are happy for him to be there.”

"Wayne won't be involved [on Saturday]," the assistant manager said on the club's official website.

"What we're intending to do with Wayne is send him to Nike Town in America for a week's conditioning training."

"We've decided, in consultation with Wayne, our medical team, the manager and the coaching staff that that's that will be the best for Wayne."

"He'll go on Saturday [November 6] and return the following Saturday. If that goes according to plan then obviously he'll be available when he returns."

Liverpool To Bid $31.5m For Athletic Bilbao Striker Llorente If Torres Leaves in January

talkSPORT (a British sports-talk radio station) claims that Liverpool see Llorente as a replacement if Fernando Torres departs from Anfield.

But it has been reported that the Reds would have to meet the forward's $31.5 million buyout clause to acquire his services.

Malaga Appoint Manuel Pellegrini New Head Coach

Pellegrini has signed a 3 year contract until 2013, with the option to extend for a fourth season.

"Malaga Football Club, and Manuel Luis Pellegrini have reached an agreement whereby the Chilean becomes the new coach of the jellyfish," a statement on the club's official website reads. He will be presented to the press on Friday afternoon.

Tottenham Put $50m Price Tag on Gareth Bale

Tottenham have put a $50 million price tag on Gareth Bale – and would collect the entire transfer fee if he leaves after removing the 25% sell-on clause that was part of the original agreement with Southampton.

Tottenham sources insist that it would take $50m to sell Bale whose value has rocketed since the beginning of the season.

Nonetheless, Tottenham, who rewarded the Wales winger with a 4 year contract in May, have plans to extend his agreement with the club beyond 2014.

Tottenham wanted to tie Bale down to a six-year deal during his contract talks at the end of the season but the player’s camp insisted on a shorter agreement.

Nevertheless, Spurs, who rewarded the Wales winger with a four-year contract in May, have plans to extend his agreement with the club beyond 2014. Heightened interest from Europe's top clubs has convinced Tottenham they will need greater protection for the British midfielder when they come calling again next summer.

Silvio Berlusconi: AC Milan Have Made An Offer For Alessandro Del Piero

AC Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi has admitted he wants to sign Alessandro Del Piero from Juventus.

He has already offered Del Piero a role at Milan - if Del Piero leaves Juventus when his contract expires in June.

"I want a big player in January," Berlusconi is quoted as saying by press agency Agi.

"We played well against Juventus, but it's a shame we lost. Juventus are a great team though, and they have a great player."

"I went to the Juventus dressing room to congratulate everyone, especially Del Piero. I told him that I knew his contract will expire and I offered him the chance to come and play for Milan."

"Del Piero is an extraordinary champion. I want him to end his career at Milan."