***European Soccer Thread***

Spanish FA To Take Action After War Of Words Between Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho & Sporting Gijon's Manolo Preciado

An official statement from the Anti-Violence Commission of the RFEF (Spanish Football Federation) formally requested the Federation to look at possible punishments for the head coaches after a media war broke out over suggestions by Mourinho that Preciado gave rivals Barcelona an easy ride.

Mourinho had inflamed tensions between the teams when he suggested this week that Sporting had "gifted the game" to Barcelona when the sides met.

The combative Preciado reacted furiously, calling the Portuguese coach a "swine" and "bad colleague," before adding: "Who the hell is this guy to think and say that? Where is he coming from?"

Agent: Karim Benzema Will Not Leave Real Madrid For Juventus

Karim Benzema is staying at Real Madrid after club president Florentino Perez gave specific instructions not to sell him during the January transfer window, according to Ernesto Bronzetti (Benzema's agent).

The Frenchman was linked with a move to Juventus, but Bronzetti says there is no chance he will leave Spain.

Buffon Training Again After Injuring Back During World Cup; Agent Dismisses Transfer Rumors

Buffon is back at Vinovo training to get back in the team following his long term injury absence.

"No, it's not true, this story is not true at all. I don't know anything about this," Buffon's agent Silvano Martina told Goal.com.

"What I do know is that today Buffon is training with Juventus at Vinovo, diving and training hard so he can come back stronger than ever."

"Of the rest I know nothing. I have never been contacted by any club in England, it's the usual paper talk."

"I really don't know anything. You get people writing these things, offers like this, offers like that, but none of it is true."

Buffon was linked with United as part of a swap deal for Dimitar Berbatov.

Eto'o Banned 3 Games For Head-Butt On Chievo's Cesar

An official statement reads:

"The television images show that under the circumstances, the Chievo player Cesar was reached by the Inter striker who hit him with his head on the chest, making him fall to the ground in pain."

"The referee did not, at the time of the incident, take action as his attention was to control the other area of the field with his assistants."

"The Judge thus retains that Eto'o's actions constitute to violent conduct in light of the television proof."