***European Soccer Thread***

Fabregas Out 2 Weeks With Injured Hamstring

The Spaniard had to come off after 70 minutes in the Champions League game against Braga after aggravating his sore hamstring.

Arsene Wenger had this to say on Arsenal's official website: "Fabregas will be assessed today with a scan. After that we can tell you how long he will be out, but I count two weeks."

"It is a big blow because it will question how cautious we have to be in the future with him. Cesc has played 50 games a year since a young age. We may have to be more cautious with him, especially in the next two months."

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xftyfg_2-1_school#from=embed&start=223

Aaron Lennon scores in the 92nd minute to break the tie.

In the 10th minute Van der Vaart had to be helped off after pulling his hamstring while attempting a back-heel. Jermain Defoe came on for him. In the 85th minute Jamie Carragher injured his right shoulder, with his arm hanging by his side. didn't look good

Liverpool received 5 yellow cards. 6 would have earned them an automatic fine by the league.

Kaka Set To Return

A statement on Real Madrid's official website reads:

"During a meeting between Real Madrid's medical services and Dr.Toribio Leite to discuss the progress of Ricardo Izecson Dos Santos, Kaka, it was determined that the player's functional and biomechanics levels are satisfactory."

"A specific field work regiment that should see the player rejoin the team by the initial deadline has been prescribed."

The Brazilian has been out of action since having knee surgery in August.

Guardiola Leaving Barcelona?

Italian newspaper II Corriere dello Sport reports the Italians tried but failed to land Guardiola last spring when they knew Mourinho was considering Real Madrid. Now, Inter may be targeting Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola as pressure builds on Rafael Benitez. Guardiola's current deal runs out in 2012. Chelsea are also rumored to be in the mix as Carlo Ancelotti's future has been thrown into doubt with the recent lack of success at Stamford Bridge.

All of this coming after British newspaper The Mirror reported that Pep had told friends that he intends to manage Manchester United when Sir Alex Ferguson decides to retire.

Cesc Fabregas: I Will Not Rush Back To Fitness

"I don't want to put a date on my return yet, I will take my time," Fabregas stated in his program notes for Arsenal’s Carling Cup quarter-final tie against Wigan.

"The team did really well without me against Aston Villa, so I will wait until it is completely ready."

"It is so frustrating, though. It seems when something like that happens, it all goes wrong at the same time, so you have to be strong, put everything behind you and keep working."

He added: "I know I haven't been at my best this season."

"I started the season really strongly, the first few games, but after that I had an injury and got into a pattern of missing a few games, and then starting again.”

He continued: "It is better my team-mates play, because they are fitter than me."

"I will just try to get back whenever I can. My team-mates are helping me a lot and I am trying my best."