***European Soccer Thread***

Liverpool Extend Contracts Of Martin Kelly & Daniel Pacheco To 2014

Liverpool have announced that Martin Kelly and Daniel Pacheco have both signed contract extensions that will see them remain at Anfield until 2014 at least.

Defender Kelly has signed a 3 year extension to his deal, while winger Pacheco signed a 2 year extension.

Barcelona To Offer Pep Guardiola 5 Year Deal

According to British newspaper the Daily Mail, Barca are expected to offer the 39 year old coach a 5 year deal to ensure that his long term future is secured. Guardiola just signed a 1 year extension to his contract last season, but has recently been linked with moves to Chelsea, Manchester United and Inter Milan.

Allegri: Ronaldinho & Robinho To Start While Ibrahimovic Rests

Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be rested and will instead start Ronaldinho up front (if he passes a late fitness test) with Robinho.

Ibrahimovic will be rested for the game as Milan are already through to the last 16 alongside Real Madrid. Ajax have already been eliminated.

Ronaldinho To Liverpool?

Itasportpress claims Liverpool are looking for a creative side-kick to line up alongside Fernando Torres.

Ronaldinho would arrive on a free transfer as his contract at AC Milan expires in June, leaving him free to negotiate with other clubs. Ronaldinho's lack of regular football has led to speculation his time will be up in January.

Carlos Tevez: I Miss My Family But Remain Committed To Manchester City

"I miss my family like anyone in the world, but I am happy here in Manchester," Tevez told reporters. "It’s a few months since I have been able to see my daughters and it has been tough. It’s not easy for me living and breathing football all day while my little girls are in Buenos Aires."

"But I know it’s a sacrifice that has to be made when you’ve made a commitment like I have done with City - and it’s something I’m going to see through."

Tevez has been consistently substituted by Roberto Mancini on several occasions this season, and the Argentine recently displayed his anger at the boss when he was taken off in the victory over Bolton Wanderers on Saturday.

Guardiola To Rest First Team Stars For Champions League Visit Of Rubin Kazan

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has given a number of his first team stars a rest for the Champions League clash with Rubin Kazan tonight.

Xavi, David Villa, Dani Alves and Pedro Rodriguez have all been omitted from the squad for the clash with the Russian side. Also, defender Gabriel Milito is carrying a knock and has been left off the list, while Seydou Keita is suffering from a tendon injury and has been excluded as a precaution.

Diego Milito, Julio Cesar & Lucio Miss Inter's Champions League Trip To Werder Bremen

Rafael Benitez has left a number of key players out of the squad for their trip to Werder Bremen in the Champions League tonight.

Julio Cesar, Diego Milito and Lucio won't travel for the game, with Inter already guaranteed progression to the next phase of the competition.