UFL Team Coming To Omaha: Nighthawks

I just want the name to be Zombies. Please?

Lol. You're not the guy in the UFL forums pushing for that name are you?

I didn't really care for Zombies at first. Probably because I was so set on Outlaws, but I've warmed up to Zombies now too. As long as it's not Stags or Mustangs, I think I can live with it.

I just want the name to be Zombies. Please?

Lol. You're not the guy in the UFL forums pushing for that name are you?

I didn't really care for Zombies at first. Probably because I was so set on Outlaws, but I've warmed up to Zombies now too. As long as it's not Stags or Mustangs, I think I can live with it.

No, I can't take responsibility for that honor. But there is a facebook page, and they've been pushing it on unsportsmanlike quite a bit lately.

Freaking England has 4 different divisions of professional soccer. Why can't the US support a small scale football league that helps develop players for the NFL? Sure college football is huge over here compared to college soccer over there (pretty sure if you go through youth leagues and you get signed to a team once you're good enough, no matter the age (though younger players just have their rights bought), as opposed to going through 3 years of college ball before being entered into the draft). But 4 different leagues of 15-20 teams each is the reason why I think the UFL can survive as long as they don't get too greedy and understand that the league will never challenge the NFL and it's main purpose is to develop post-graduate talent (of all ages) for the NFL.

I can see the UFL working, but only if they keep the number of teams to 8-12 in number. 2 4 team divisions or 2 6 team divisions. In the 4 team division you play your division mates twice (home and home) each and play every member of the other division for a 10 game season (alternate home and home every year). For the 6 team division, play every team in your division twice plus 4 of the 6 in the other division which cycle by 2s every year. Think that's a perfect set up. Too many teams provide too many players, and makes it less likely that a player will get a call from an NFL team. Too many people dilute the talent too. We want top competition that's very similar to the product the NFL produces (of course there's going to be a drop off, it just better not be too big).

England probably doesn't love their college soccer like we do our college football.

Which already has the purpose of developing talent for the NFL. I think that's probably why - I feel any alternative leagues would have real trouble making money, and if they have that kind of purpose, players would reach and get past their peaks by the time they make the leap to the NFL.

Team name will be announced this Wednesday at 5:10 pm Central Time on 1620 The Zone and Omaha.com

Here is the new name I found on the Trademark web site

OMAHA NIGHTHAWKS

Trademark page

Thanks dude! I saw people talking about the whole trademark thing in the UFL forums, but didn't see a link and couldn't find it myself. I think Nighthawks is pretty cool though. Definitely better than the 4 the UFL offered up.