UFL Team Coming To Omaha: Nighthawks

We'll see how he does. He's been away from the game for a long time, and the UFL doesn't seem like a slow, crappy league.

for omaha's team, it kind of seems like a senior league. still, very exciting.

what does everyone think about omaha getting a pro team? i could see the ufl going bankrupt, but omaha's team being extremely successful leading to the idea of just trying to get a pro team. i do not think i like it because nebraska is a husker state, but i think omaha could support it. omaha is not a sports town, but it is an events town and with only 8-9 home games, or whatever, a year, each game would be an event. i don't know how i really feel about it, i am content with just having the huskers as the marquee team in the state.

I think that the UFL hit the jackpot with Omaha. Its a football crazy state and with some competent players that are former huskers to bring in the fans. I think they should expand to 6 and play in Oklahoma City.

30 minutes from Norman.

Former Sooners to possibly play.

Football crazy state with not much else to do. (no offense)

I also think possibly starting the league in July might help their brand. Only football on and if they can get a network TV deal, it will broaden the league.

People like real football, not arena football, in my opinion.

The sixth team is going to be in Norfolk, Virginia. It was announced about a month after the Omaha mascot was announced. They will be adding 2 more teams that will be announced during this season. Sounds like they are looking at San Antonio, Portland, LA, OKC and maybe SLC.

• 2 weeks later...