Suh a Ram???

I really think the Rams would be making a mistake by taking Bradford, but with St. Louis football teams having a history of monumentally stupid choices in the draft, they'll probably give Suh to the Lions.

I think anybody whos gonna pick up Bradford would have to be worried about his shoulder still. He hurt it twice and who knows if he'll hurt it again in the NFL. I'd hate to see Bradford get hurt again in the pros because I respected Bradford and he is still one hell of a QB. Hopefully he's taking the right precations and therapy to get his shoulder fixed.

If Bradford gets taken as the first pick. Its not because he is the best college player out of the draft. Its because the Rams want to put their faith and future into Bradford. I truly don't think Bradford is going to work out for the Rams, and its not because i don't Bradford isn't a good QB. Its based on the fact that not many 1st round QB live up to the hype that surrounds them once they get drafted. Its only after they are traded to another team several years later do they even hint at being a productive QB.

Suh is probably in everyones opinion is the best college football player in the draft, make no mistake about that. But if he doesn't get picked first, its because of the Ram's needs, not talent.

I heard that Bradford is spending two days in St. Louis talking to the Rams and what not. Though its nice to see them still in contact with Suh's agent. My feelings are being pulled that Bradford will go to the Rams and Suh will end up with the Lions or someone else.

My buddy up in New Hampshire is a HUGE Patriots fan and he keeps telling me that Bill Belichick is very interested in Tim Tebow and that Tebow has been at Gillette Stadium with Bill for a full week. He keeps telling me that Bill wants Tebow as a QB, RB, or even TE. Not sure if this is true or not but thats what I've been told.

I don't really follow the NFL all that closely. Maybe it has something to do with being born in Nebraska in a non-pro family, but even though I know almost nothing bout how teams make their draft picks, it seems strange to me that you'd pass on the single greatest defensive line player in the past twenty years in favor of a guy who's had two shoulder surgeries and hasn't taken a snap in a college game since last September.

Seems like a sh**ty year for NFL quarterbacks when your best option is a guy who hasn't played for a year.

Which would lead me to take my shiny #1 pick and take a kind of player who may not come around again for a decade.

You know what i just thought of though. If Bradford had not been injured and actually played during the OU/NE game, im sure we wouldn't be talking about this. Suh would have owned Bradford in that game, tossing him around much like he did McCoy and every QB we played this year, with the the exception of Florence from Baylor (Crick man-handled him).

What do you all think?

IMO there was not a franchise QB in this draft. So why spend the money and make Bradford the number one overall pick? They could take Suh 1st overall and then draft Colt McCoy and pay him WAYYYYYYYY less money and they would have a young QB to groom.

IMO there was not a franchise QB in this draft. So why spend the money and make Bradford the number one overall pick? They could take Suh 1st overall and then draft Colt McCoy and pay him WAYYYYYYYY less money and they would have a young QB to groom.

Exactly. Or draft Suh then take Dan LeFevour and pay him WAY less money.

A good point I saw made recently is that not a whole lot of top ten DTs have really lived up to their expectations. By not a lot, I really mean none in the past say, fifteen years+. So the odds are actually against Suh, for all the talent that he is, to live up to that lofty financial investment of a #1 pick.

As for news that the Rams are in talks with Suh, I think it might be to gain leverage against Bradford in negotiating a contract. Sometimes the teams have a couple players they have contracts in place for at the #1 spot, and pick one. It's a plus of being the #1 draft pick, you get to have your contract pretty much in place.

I guess the opinion is just that Bradford is a franchise QB. Maybe. If so, they'll strike gold. If Suh is the first top 10 DT in a generation to dominate the game as one of the NFL's premier DTs, then that still won't be striking gold - they'll just have a good DT.

On the other hand, the Lions have their franchise QB. They got a nice pick in Louis Delmas last year in the 2nd round at safety and need to add more pieces to their team. I think Suh fits that bill more than he fits the Rams, where they need pretty much everything. Suh is good, but he needs to be on a good DL, too.

Another thing is scheme wise, he wasn't asked to take over the game at Nebraska. As in, he was coached to read and react, etc. I wonder if he'll struggle if teams ask him to do that in the NFL. He did mention before that teams in the NFL learned a different scheme and he's up for the challenge of learning it. I'm sure he is, I just wonder if we'll see as astonishing results.

A good point I saw made recently is that not a whole lot of top ten DTs have really lived up to their expectations. By not a lot, I really mean none in the past say, fifteen years+. So the odds are actually against Suh, for all the talent that he is, to live up to that lofty financial investment of a #1 pick.

As for news that the Rams are in talks with Suh, I think it might be to gain leverage against Bradford in negotiating a contract. Sometimes the teams have a couple players they have contracts in place for at the #1 spot, and pick one. It's a plus of being the #1 draft pick, you get to have your contract pretty much in place.

I guess the opinion is just that Bradford is a franchise QB. Maybe. If so, they'll strike gold. If Suh is the first top 10 DT in a generation to dominate the game as one of the NFL's premier DTs, then that still won't be striking gold - they'll just have a good DT.

On the other hand, the Lions have their franchise QB. They got a nice pick in Louis Delmas last year in the 2nd round at safety and need to add more pieces to their team. I think Suh fits that bill more than he fits the Rams, where they need pretty much everything. Suh is good, but he needs to be on a good DL, too.

Another thing is scheme wise, he wasn't asked to take over the game at Nebraska. As in, he was coached to read and react, etc. I wonder if he'll struggle if teams ask him to do that in the NFL. He did mention before that teams in the NFL learned a different scheme and he's up for the challenge of learning it. I'm sure he is, I just wonder if we'll see as astonishing results.

Heard that the Lions don't have a ton of interest in Suh, FWIW.

Of course not, they are looking for their 10th first round QB.

Of course not, they are looking for their 10th first round QB.

Wasn't last year the first time in 5 years or so the Lions didn't pick a wide receiver in the 1st round?