Nebraska denies ESPN3/360 Spring Game Coverage?

zoogs

Bo and Tom both know how to win football games. If they thought the benefits of televising the game outweighed the costs, I'm sure they would have done it.

Do people really have this simplistic of a world view, if so I truly envy them.

I find it odd that fans and coaches are now saying that the spring game will just be a boring scrimmage, when this practice is arguably the biggest recruiting tool in NU's arsenal. Either this is an exciting chance to impress some of the nations top FB talent, or it's a lame spring scrimmage that doesn't amount to diddly. Make up your minds people, you can't have it both ways!

Yes you can.

Bo and Tom both know how to win football games. If they thought the benefits of televising the game outweighed the costs, I'm sure they would have done it.

I find it odd that fans and coaches are now saying that the spring game will just be a boring scrimmage, when this practice is arguably the biggest recruiting tool in NU's arsenal. Either this is an exciting chance to impress some of the nations top FB talent, or it's a lame spring scrimmage that doesn't amount to diddly. Make up your minds people, you can't have it both ways!

Yes you can.

it is absolutely both. it is great for recruiting because we get to show off husker nation and the immense fan support. it is just a stupid scrimmage because they run maybe 2 and a half plays.

I'm not the simpleton treating this board like a hive mind collective.

If they don’t want to make a spectacle of the whole “practice” then don’t charge $10 a head and don’t have reserved seating and don’t push it as a game day like experience. Maybe they should have it on Friday in the middle of the afternoon like any other Spring Scrimmage and not Saturday afternoon in front of 70,000+.

If they won’t let ESPN in at least allow a tape delay or something on NET. Or how about since they want to charge for the thing when they reach say 65,000 tickets sold then they have it on TV someplace. Kind of like the “black-out” rules in Professional sports.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board posting of the day!!!! :corndance

If they don’t want to make a spectacle of the whole “practice” then don’t charge $10 a head and don’t have reserved seating and don’t push it as a game day like experience. Maybe they should have it on Friday in the middle of the afternoon like any other Spring Scrimmage and not Saturday afternoon in front of 70,000+.

If they won’t let ESPN in at least allow a tape delay or something on NET. Or how about since they want to charge for the thing when they reach say 65,000 tickets sold then they have it on TV someplace. Kind of like the “black-out” rules in Professional sports.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board posting of the day!!!! :corndance

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!

I personally would rather see a SOLD OUT sgring game, then that crap I have been seeing on TV with half full stadiums, LSU/UNC spring games were a joke.

I think remember bo saying his first year that he didnt want it to be a circus.

Question, For you out of towners..... If the spring game was on TV (espn,netv)live or tape delay, would you still go???

i wonder if he is doing this to bolster ticket sales. i would not think so, but i don't know why else they would not air it. but, forgive me, it is just a spring game (a glorified practice).

Good point. That's more likely than my guess.

I think it's a combination of both. What looks better to incoming players than seeing the spring scrimmage sold out or nearly sold out? However, a very vanilla offense and defense shown on national TV could turn off incoming recruits. Then there's also the third of the combo. What if a up and coming players plays lights out in the spring game with huge statistics but then doesn't get any playing time at all during the season? This can be a huge turnoff to incoming recruits as well. Personally, I think it's best Bo turned down the opportunity to have it televised. I mean how many models let the cameras roll when they're putting their makeup on?