probably will get bad reps for this but

I may be in the minority here but in all te expansion I would love to see the big 12 go untouched. Look at what happened to the big east when all there good football teams bolted for the ACC.

i would love for the big XII to remain the same. with all of these 'super conferences' in talks and the fear that the Big XII will be picked away to irrelevance, why is there no talk about the Big XII expanding into a super conference?

Big 10(11) would actually be no different than the Big 12 expect at least in the Big 10 we would get a fair shake at games and a championship. Recruiting isnt actually as big as a deal as you would think we've always been strong in recruiting Texas. That wont change just because we no longer play there every year. It might take a small step back but when you win the best come will always come to play for you. It would be a natural rivalary with Iowa. Oklahoma would be an option in the non conference but who knows on that one. It probably wont happen, but its fun to entertain the thought for awhile.

I think the misconception here is that some of you think that the Big Big 10 is only going to looking to expand by 1 school.

I have to agree with the few folks out there, the Big 10 will take more than one and we are going to see a pretty big conference shake up for more than 1 conference in College Football.

If it were me, this is the way i would have the conferences set up. Of course i would change the names though.

ACC - Boston College, Clemson, Flordia State, Maryland, NC State, Duke, Georgia Tech, West Virgina, North Carolina, Virgina, Virgina Tech

Big 12 - Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, TCU

Big East - Cincinatti, UConn, Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, USF, Notre Dame, Wake Forest

Big Ten - Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn, Ohio State

Independents - Navy, Army, Air Force

Mountain West - BYU, Colorado, Colorado State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UNLV, Nevada, Utah, Utah State, Wyoming, Boise State, Idaho

Pac 10 - Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, UCLA, USC, Hawaii, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Stanford

SEC - Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tenn, Miami, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina

WAC - Fresno State, LTU, San Jose State, Vanderbilt, Purdue, San Diego State

Stewart Mandel also on the Nebraska to Big 10 bandwagon:

If it's not Notre Dame, then I'm going to stick with my original guess from December: Nebraska. The school has never truly gotten along with the Texas contingent since the SWC-Big 8 merger and would stand to possibly double its annual TV revenue by joining the Big Ten.

Were the Big Ten to package the nationally revered Huskers with Missouri and one of the New York-area teams, it might as well start printing money. But that's just one man's guess -- the first of probably many to follow between now and July 1.

LINK

Stewart Mandel also on the Nebraska to Big 10 bandwagon:

If it's not Notre Dame, then I'm going to stick with my original guess from December: Nebraska. The school has never truly gotten along with the Texas contingent since the SWC-Big 8 merger and would stand to possibly double its annual TV revenue by joining the Big Ten.

Were the Big Ten to package the nationally revered Huskers with Missouri and one of the New York-area teams, it might as well start printing money. But that's just one man's guess -- the first of probably many to follow between now and July 1.

LINK

i like and agree with what Mandel said. i think/hope he is right.

Sigh...why would Texas ever leave the big 12? They run the show. So as long as they are in the conference OU is here...so this conference will be powerful enough for Nebraska to be in. Things could happen down the road to change the standings of these two schools but that seems unlikely anytime soon...

Sigh...why would Texas ever leave the big 12? They run the show. So as long as they are in the conference OU is here...so this conference will be powerful enough for Nebraska to be in. Things could happen down the road to change the standings of these two schools but that seems unlikely anytime soon...

for a bigger market. and they will have plenty of pull in any conference they are in.

I may be in the minority here but in all te expansion I would love to see the big 12 go untouched. Look at what happened to the big east when all there good football teams bolted for the ACC.

I would be more inclined to word it this way

'Look at what happened to the ACC after they stole the good football schools from the Big East.'

If there was a reason to not want Nebraska to bolt to the Big Ten it's because we've seen what happened to the ACC when they expanded. The three teams that bolted to the ACC all took a step back and the other Powers in the conference also took steps back. Will this happen to the Big Ten? I think it might since the Big Ten has had a reputation of being a paper tiger for many years now.

I would be more inclined to word it this way

'Look at what happened to the ACC after they stole the good football schools from the Big East.'

If there was a reason to not want Nebraska to bolt to the Big Ten it's because we've seen what happened to the ACC when they expanded. The three teams that bolted to the ACC all took a step back and the other Powers in the conference also took steps back. Will this happen to the Big Ten? I think it might since the Big Ten has had a reputation of being a paper tiger for many years now.

Most wins since 1970:

Nebraska - 393 wins

Ohio St. - 366 wins

Oklahoma - 364 wins

Michigan - 359 wins

Penn St. - 357 wins

3 of the Top 5 teams are from the Big 10.

Joining the Big 10 would virtually sever our Texas recruiting ties...and I have a hard time seeing Nebraska having immediate and lasting success without them. The Big 10 knows that, so I don't think we're on the short list for them.

I think it would help recuiting in Texas, come to NU and play in the Rose Bowl :koolaid2: