Mack Brown on Nebraska

Nexus

Mack Brown: "I'm glad to see Nebraska is back. Because we (the Big 12) needed that."

LINK

it's nice of him to say that, and he is right. the big XII has been a joke with how strong the south was and how weak the north was. it was unfair to the south, and the north was holding back the entire big XII. the only way the Big XII could be considered as strong as the SEC is if they is more parity between the divisions.

Give Gill a couple years with KU and they should be respectable again too. Mizzou will always be competitive. CU just needs an overhaul on the coaching staff and repair whatever relationships were lost through the Hawkins era. K-State should be competitive for as long as Snyder is around. Rhoads seems to have the Cyclones headed in a respectable direction. All in all, the North should be balanced in 3-5 years.

Give Gill a couple years with KU and they should be respectable again too. Mizzou will always be competitive. CU just needs an overhaul on the coaching staff and repair whatever relationships were lost through the Hawkins era. K-State should be competitive for as long as Snyder is around. Rhoads seems to have the Cyclones headed in a respectable direction. All in all, the North should be balanced in 3-5 years.

I agree 100% and the bolded area is going to be the biggest challenge. CSU could very well be the place of choice for CO in-state kids if CU continues to slide. And if CU goes to the PAC 10, we need to get CSU into the B12 North.

• Fire 1

Mack Brown: "I'm glad to see Nebraska is back. Because we (the Big 12) needed that."

LINK

it's nice of him to say that, and he is right. the big XII has been a joke with how strong the south was and how weak the north was. it was unfair to the south, and the north was holding back the entire big XII. the only way the Big XII could be considered as strong as the SEC is if they is more parity between the divisions.

Unfair to the south? Texas is the reason the North has trouble competing. They formulated the rules to ensure the South had an advantage. Texas can DIAF.

• Fire 3

LINK

Unfair to the south? Texas is the reason the North has trouble competing. They formulated the rules to ensure the South had an advantage. Texas can DIAF.

well i just meant that a team like texas tech would dominate in the north, and the best they could do in the south would be 3rd, while mizzou/ku could win the north and would be 3rd/4th in the south. that is what i was saying. i wasn't being an apologist for UT.

Mack Brown says a lot of crazy things. Take this for instance...

"We beat Nebraska like this every time we've ever played, and they played great tonight and you have to give them so much credit. But, I'm proud of our kids. We're the best come-from-behind team in the country."

I agree 100% and the bolded area is going to be the biggest challenge. CSU could very well be the place of choice for CO in-state kids if CU continues to slide. And if CU goes to the PAC 10, we need to get CSU into the B12 North.

IMO, a better replacement for CU in the Big12 is BYU. And I think it's actually going to happen. PAC10 inviting CU and Utah and BYU moving to the Big12. CSU just doens't have the facilities needed for the Big12 and the Rams ability to compete in the Big12 is questionable.

Mack Brown is a good man. He is not responsible for the situation that we are in. Texas did cause the problem, but before Mack had input.

He has always been complimentary of Nebraska, and it is true they have beaten us that way every time, but once. Meaing by the skin of their teeth, not disrespecting us in any way.

I would rather see Boise State come into the North, but I am not sure about facilities being adequate either, and god I would hate seeing a game on that field, I turn it off the instant I see it.