Player: Todd Barr

Hometown: Lakewood, CA

School: Lakewood HS

Position: DE

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 255

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona St., California, Colorado, Colorado St., Duke, Idaho, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Arizona, Oregon, Oregon St., SMU, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCLA, Washington, Washington St.

Committed to California

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#8)

Scout: :star :star :star :star (#11)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#3)

do we have a shot?

Barr just got done w/ a NIKE Camp in Los Angeles and came out of the camp as the #6 top performer and Tre Madden who we are recruiting for LB came out of camp as the #4 top performer. Brando Wright who Nebraska is looking at for RB came out as the #10 top performer after camp but we have not offered him a scholarship yet.

Barr has already visited Oregon, Cal, Stanford, UCLA and USC in the last couple weeks but nobody really stood over the other Universities. Being from Lakewood, CA I figured that Barr would've had one school as a favorite since he's deep in PAC 10 territory but since he doesn't that could look good for us. He did watch some Husker games last year because of Ndamukong Suh because Suh played Barr's position.

Distance is not a factor with Barr and said that he would travel all the way across the World if it was the right place for him. So ya I'd say that we could have a shot

• Fire 1

According to Rivals there isn't anything on whether he's going to make a visit or not. But they did talk about his scholarship offer from Nebraska. When Barr got Nebraska's offer he was like "Wow" and his coach told him "To be a Cornhusker thats a big deal!"

He's going to name a top 5 sometime this summer and said that most of the schools in the Pac-10 are in good shape. Barr was pretty impressed with UCLA's spring scrimmage, UCLA is really close to home, Mom can visit all of his home games and he's very high on Rick Neuheisel. He said if he got an offer from USC that choosing a school will be much harder.

Even though he said that he'll go clear across the world if he felt comfortable with that school but I think this kid is a Pac-10 school.

being a so cal native and have seen a lot of lakewood games, ill tell you that a lot of the big schools in that area are really taking notice of nebraska. i wore my blackshirts tee to the long beach poly vs lakewood game and everyone was givin me props for it. It also helped that lazarri middelton was there as well.

and when i said lazarri was there meaning at the game.

I'm sick of UCLA and USC and their annoying fan bases, and coaches.

Anyway, I think if we atleast get hom for an official visit Todd will see that it is a big deal to be a cornhusker.

It seems the majority of our recruits that we are going after both USC and UCLA are right there on our hip.

I'm sick of UCLA and USC and their annoying fan bases, and coaches.

Anyway, I think if we atleast get hom for an official visit Todd will see that it is a big deal to be a cornhusker.

It seems the majority of our recruits that we are going after both USC and UCLA are right there on our hip.

That's just because Slick Rick and Lame(Sorry Monte, but your kid's a douchebag) Kiffin just wait for us to scout and find players and offer them. So, when we offer them Slick and Lame know they're good so they go ahead and offer and start recruiting them too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hopes to visit Nebraska sometime but nothing is set. One of his coaches was at Nebraska seeing family and told Barr the our facilities made his "jaw drop" and that he has to see it. He says that he is very comfortable with the recruiting approach Cal has taken.

:horns2