Beck a bust

kramer

Harrison Beck will be just fine. He will be ready when Taylor graduates and, God forbid Taylor goes down next season, I think he will be ready next year. This year he is probably just too green and has to much to learn to really help us. Remember, lots of former players didn't show much until their Junior or Senior years.

I agree with lost finger. Beck is young and tying to impress. I think he has the tools or this staff would not have recruited him. I doubt he redshirts as there is another QB waiting in the wings. After Freeman I think we will start to see redshirts at QB.

Way to early to make any decession about his ability or worth. He is a true Freshman and by the time the games start could develop into a million dollar baby. But remember he is learning a very difficult system. Have faith, he does not need to read or hear negative coments at this time, and trust me some of these kids read these boards. They can have a major effect on these young athletes.

perhaps beck was a bit full of himself telling everyone he allowed others to be recruited and that he was promised a starting postion. redshirt would allow a young player with big mouth to fing his place in the pecking order and then really show what he's got once he's matured.

IMO

Most 17 y.o. qb's are full of themselves, they have to be. They want to be recruited and get the best schools to offer them schollys. I never met a HS qb that was a milktoast and still qualified for the D1 level of play. Beck can play or NU would have never agreed to just recruit one qb last year. HB seems to have a pretty level head in the interviews I have read or viewed.

GBR

IMO

Most 17 y.o. qb's are full of themselves, they have to be. They want to be recruited and get the best schools to offer them schollys. I never met a HS qb that was a milktoast and still qualified for the D1 level of play. Beck can play or NU would have never agreed to just recruit one qb last year. HB seems to have a pretty level head in the interviews I have read or viewed.

GBR

I must just be too young or something. What's a 'milktoast'?

I have nothing against Beck, but I dont think that he is a bust, hell he hasnt even taken a snap in a game.

That being said, I have a hunch that neither he nor Lucky will be the saviors of this program. They will be solid players, but I dont think that they will have what takes NU to the next level. I have no evidence to back this up, its just a hunch/gut feeling. Its my bold prediction for the future, so I could be eating some crow in a few years. :thumbs

ATTABOY! Make those predictions. I have a prediction too, you will eat crow in a few years. ;)

i am not someone who will say "i told you so" but as i said much earlier this summer, it is too much to expect ANY freshman to come in and run the WCO...

i still don't think he redshirts, he might, but probably not, let him get his feet underneath him and get adjusted, he will be fine, if not great when he settles down........

hunter

Since the coaches already have Freeman on the way, I think they'll move Harrison.  He's a good athlete and could probably play SS or hit the roids and play LB.

No way. He's a QB through and through.

yeah he'll transfer in a year if things look bleak. I think taylor will be a bust though. He's not near as good as what the fans think he's going to be.

Since the coaches already have Freeman on the way, I think they'll move Harrison.  He's a good athlete and could probably play SS or hit the roids and play LB.

No way. He's a QB through and through.

yeah he'll transfer in a year if things look bleak. I think taylor will be a bust though. He's not near as good as what the fans think he's going to be.

:rollin:rollin

More words of wisdom from the Benard.

It'll probably rain anyway..

Wow if we only had Lord and Dailey back we sure would have great QB's.

Bernard, I think I hear your mommy calling you. Run along now you have peed in everyones cereal....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm . . . peeeeing in someone's cereal. I've never done that, and yet my posts get deleted. A friend of mine recommended this place to me and I'm left to wonder why?