Beck a bust

kramer

Sorry BRJ,

Milquetoast actually means a meek, mild mannered person who may/may not let people walk all over them.  Kinda dates me  :wacko:

I should have said The dood isnt a wuss.  K  :)

GBR

I prolly would have understood that one.

DELETED BY MOD FOR BEING RIDICULOUSLY OFF TOPIC AND TROLLING.

this topic falls in the same catagory as the ones about BC being the savior of the program, very little facts and mostly opinion. fact is the kid is a freshman. opinion is that hes already a bust just because hes struggling. just like the new coach its just gonna take time to see if he can adjust and produce, big step going from high school to college anyway, besides trying to digest a notedly complicated offensive scheme. cant call him a dud till he proves himself to be one after a year of two.

this topic falls in the same catagory as the ones about BC being the savior of the program, very little facts and mostly opinion. fact is the kid is a freshman. opinion is that hes already a bust just because hes struggling. just like the new coach its just gonna take time to see if he can adjust and produce, big step going from high school to college anyway, besides trying to digest a notedly complicated offensive scheme. cant call him a dud till he proves himself to be one after a year of two.

I don't think he's a dud but I do think he was very overrated by callahan. His senior numbers were very average imo. I still think he will get his shot this year because taylor is way overrated aswell. But if beck doesn't he'll probs be gone especially if he's 3rd string.

Here are some actual numbers for you guys, just in case someone actually wants to discuss facts and not hook their perceptions of Callahan to the rear end of every recruit he brings in. In his junior year, Beck completed over 70 PERCENT of his passes on a team that did not run some kind of gimmic offense and was not a major powerhouse in their state. His senior year he completed over 65 PERCENT of his passes while playing injured and on a team that was worse. He had the STRONGEST arm, as measured by electronic devices at the elite 11 quarterback camp. He has been in practice for a couple of weeks, and he has never played against corners this fast, or safeties this good at reading receivers and quarterbacks, and to me, throwing into coverage because he has confidence in his own ability is not a bad thing at this stage. I would be more concerned if he was indecisive and held on to the ball all of the time. Saying he is a bust is not only completely uninformed and irrelevent, but completely contrary to all of the available FACTS that we have. I far more respect a guy like former who comes out and says that his is a GUT feeling that someone coming out and presenting their OPINION as if it were irrevicable proof. How the hell can you say that Callahan overrates him when you have never seen him PLAY. You probably havent even watched video of him. If you did you would see that his offensive line was horrible, and he spent most of his time running around, and he still completed 70 PERCENT of his passes. This thread is a bust. Beck is a freshman in his third week of college practice.

Here are some actual numbers for you guys, just in case someone actually wants to discuss facts and not hook their perceptions of Callahan to the rear end of every recruit he brings in. In his junior year, Beck completed over 70 PERCENT of his passes on a team that did not run some kind of gimmic offense and was not a major powerhouse in their state. His senior year he completed over 65 PERCENT of his passes while playing injured and on a team that was worse. He had the STRONGEST arm, as measured by electronic devices at the elite 11 quarterback camp. He has been in practice for a couple of weeks, and he has never played against corners this fast, or safeties this good at reading receivers and quarterbacks, and to me, throwing into coverage because he has confidence in his own ability is not a bad thing at this stage. I would be more concerned if he was indecisive and held on to the ball all of the time. Saying he is a bust is not only completely uninformed and irrelevent, but completely contrary to all of the available FACTS that we have. I far more respect a guy like former who comes out and says that his is a GUT feeling that someone coming out and presenting their OPINION as if it were irrevicable proof. How the hell can you say that Callahan overrates him when you have never seen him PLAY. You probably havent even watched video of him. If you did you would see that his offensive line was horrible, and he spent most of his time running around, and he still completed 70 PERCENT of his passes. This thread is a bust. Beck is a freshman in his third week of college practice.

:yeah

He'll be fine, just give him some time. Sounds like he isn't gonna redshirt, and I think we'll see him push for major playing time by the middle of the season, once he has some things down.

Look at CU (past the naked strippers, please), Klatt says it took him 2 years to figure out their offense (similar to NU), and he's a solid QB now. Give the boy some time...sheesh. Aren't we all glad NU went and got Taylor now? Good planning by Cally, I say.

Beck is a freshman in his third week of college practice.

Not to mention the kid won't even be 18 til Sept. 1. My brother's a senior in HS and just turned 18 two weeks ago. Beck's 6' 2" and 220 lbs, and even with his youth BC has stated he's impressed with where Beck is at mentally right now. Give him a little more time for the mental stuff to take hold and I'm guessing we'll see something special. IMO the fact that he's struggling a bit in practice says he's a freshman, while everything else I've read says he has some serious potential. It's way too early to say he's a bust.

What's up with all this pessimism? As a die-hard Nebraska fan and a Cubs fan I've learned you have to be optimistic about every aspect of the team or else you're going to be in for a long and meaningless season, I mean the kid has all the potential in the world so let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he won't amount to anything. I remember people talking trash about every QB we've had including Frazier, Frost and Crouch. Don't season your food before you taste it, if that makes sense.

To declare a kid who just left high school, his family, his familiar surroundings, his players, his coaches, his playbook, and his friends "a bust" is the most outrageously absurd thing I can imagine. And as an earlier post stated, it shows how little you really know about football. Beck has barely been on campus 4 months and has a couple of practices under his belt and you're already ready to declare him a bust...nice. You might wanna rethink your post for lack of intelligence.