How many recruits/current players do we lose when we go to the Big 10?

Sorry if this has been posted already. But if we do go to the Big 11 how many of our players and recruits will be dis-heartened with playing in a new conference and bolt?

I have alot of trepidation with a move to the Big 11. Has there been any interviews with recruits or current players concerning a potential move?

The big 10 already has 11 teams. If we move into that confrence it would become the little 12. I really hope we do not move to the confrence for the simple reason of tradition. our hole lives we have played confrence games in the great plains. i dont want to travel to ohio michigan and penn to watch away games. at least 5 teams are within driving distance and in all actuality the oklahoma schools arent a terrible drive. I have always hated the big ten. and do not want to be apart of a confrence i have always called weak. neb joining that confrence doesnt make it much better

IMHO, for current players, it won't be a big deal. It especially won't be a big deal for guys who have been at the University for a few years. I just don't see current leaving because of this. They already made the commitment to Nebraska knowing full well they will be playing in cold weather and that they will play only one game a year in Texas on average.

For prospects, that could be different. They haven't made a full on commitment and they will still have plenty of other options to explores. I think it will affect future recruits more so than current players.

Sorry if this has been posted already. But if we do go to the Big 11 how many of our players and recruits will be dis-heartened with playing in a new conference and bolt?

I have alot of trepidation with a move to the Big 11. Has there been any interviews with recruits or current players concerning a potential move?

The big 10 already has 11 teams. If we move into that confrence it would become the little 12. I really hope we do not move to the confrence for the simple reason of tradition. our hole lives we have played confrence games in the great plains. i dont want to travel to ohio michigan and penn to watch away games. at least 5 teams are within driving distance and in all actuality the oklahoma schools arent a terrible drive. I have always hated the big ten. and do not want to be apart of a confrence i have always called weak. neb joining that confrence doesnt make it much better

uh....you need to get up to speed, they are talking about not only Nebraska, but Missouri, maybe Notre Dame, and a few other names making the big move to the Big Ten, so it wouldn't just be 12 teams. I also think you underestimate the zeal of Husker fans, they are willing to travel to see good football, that is something that has been proven over and over through the years. And the teams that are in the Big Ten have fans that travel well too...which could mean revenue for the city/state.

If we left Big 12 for the Big 10+ it might affect recruiting somewhat. There will always be kids that want to stay close to home where family can see them play. Those kids might decide against coming here for that reason. But also there are those that don't care where they play, they just want to be on national tv for the exposure. So joining might get those who hadn't thought of coming here before looking at us now just for that increased tv exposure we will have.

To the OP I forgot your question after looking at your pictures. What did you ask again? lol

I would trade in our current big12 schedule for the big10 any day of the week. Can you imagine Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin etc coming to Lincoln on a regular basis? I am a Wisconsin native (moved to Omaha when I was 10) and I have been waiting for a Wisconsin and Nebraska matchup for years and would love to see a once a year game. The distance is not a factor since I'd rather travel by plane to the games anyways. I think Nebraska will get much better exposure in the big10 too. I would like to see Oklahoma and Texas as alternating non conference opponents if we move to the big10.

One thing I can think of is like the OP said current players leaving. If say a player is from Texas are they gonna want to play in a conference where they will no longer have the chance of playing in their home state in front of family? I wish this wouldn't be an issue but it could.

In the future I think it could, It is possible this could turn out to be a recruiting nightmare!

Hopefully current players are playing in Nebraska because they want to play for the Big Red Machine...and not because we play a Texas team once or twice a year. I don't think it should affect many current players as far as attrition goes. I think that as long as we remain on TV (like some have mentioned in previous posts), we'll still have a fair share of national recruiting attention. And if we continue to be successful, our success will draw more recruits. Perhaps moving to the big 10 will increase our national TV coverage. A conference switch would definitely be interesting to many fans. Vs. Michigan, Penn State, OSU, etc. Those would be guaranteed nationally televised games. Since we'd be beating up on the big 10, I'm sure Notre Dame would want to get in on a couple of those beatings, too. That's an interesting match up to me. I digress...but, I think the recruits that we have right now want to play for Bo and Co or because they like the school regardless of who we play.

If the recruits and players came to nebraska for the only reason being to play in texas then I think we recruited the wrong people. I doubt the coaches are going after those types of people....they are going for people that want to win national champs and be the best. So moving shouldnt hurt, unless we moved to something like the WAC or MAC. I would tell the kids, that you get to be on tv every week. The big10 network shows every game (that isnt on the bigger networks). I have uverse and the big10 network usually gets 5 different HD channels dedicated to all the games that are on....no regional blackouts. Also big10 espn rights are better than the big12 and when 2 games are at the same time big10 gets the go ahead....so that means more national games.....while the big12 game is b*******.

I dont think it'll be that big a deal. Look at when we were in the big 8. Never played Texas teams on the regular and could still get some studs ex turner gill. But as for traditional teams that went out the door when we established the big 12. It doesn't matter to anyone else we should just get out now.