What Position is of the Biggest Need This Year?

Nebraska 2011 Class  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just out of curiosity, which position do you think NU most needs to address in this recruiting class? With the battle going on at QB and no one separating themselves from the pack, we are left hoping that either someone picks it up big time in the summer/fall, or that Lee actually takes over when he comes back. Should we focus there? Do we need to continue building the pipeline? Should we get a big time target to toss the rock to in pressure situations? Or is it on the other side of the ball? Does the unspectacular LB play last year (with the exception of Dilliard) bother you? Do we need to worry about reloading at DB after the season is over? Or is there a big hole at DT with Big Suh departed? Please feel free to weigh in... I'm interested in what all you fellow Huskerboard members think.

I personally am a little confounded with our inability to draw a big name receiver to Lincoln. The last big time recruit we attracted was Niles, who was from Omaha anyway, so that definitely was working in our favor. The fact of the matter is that big time wide receivers do not come out of Nebraska that often. Some of you may say Chris Brooks, who was a four star, but he never really lived up to the hype here. I felt bad for Chris last season. He tried his best, but got injured and just did not get many looks. He was absolutely solid when we did toss it his way, though. When our offense is clicking like Watson wants, we have a balanced attack, and that means we have to be able to throw the ball. I'd even say Watson likes to slant it a bit towards the air. Why in the name of Jeff Jamrog can we not attract a real playmaker at receiver to Lincoln?

Just out of curiosity, which position do you think NU most needs to address in this recruiting class? With the battle going on at QB and no one separating themselves from the pack, we are left hoping that either someone picks it up big time in the summer/fall, or that Lee actually takes over when he comes back. Should we focus there? Do we need to continue building the pipeline? Should we get a big time target to toss the rock to in pressure situations? Or is it on the other side of the ball? Does the unspectacular LB play last year (with the exception of Dilliard) bother you? Do we need to worry about reloading at DB after the season is over? Or is there a big hole at DT with Big Suh departed? Please feel free to weigh in... I'm interested in what all you fellow Huskerboard members think.

I personally am a little confounded with our inability to draw a big name receiver to Lincoln. The last big time recruit we attracted was Niles, who was from Omaha anyway, so that definitely was working in our favor. The fact of the matter is that big time wide receivers do not come out of Nebraska that often. Some of you may say Chris Brooks, who was a four star, but he never really lived up to the hype here. I felt bad for Chris last season. He tried his best, but got injured and just did not get many looks. He was absolutely solid when we did toss it his way, though. When our offense is clicking like Watson wants, we have a balanced attack, and that means we have to be able to throw the ball. I'd even say Watson likes to slant it a bit towards the air. Why in the name of Jeff Jamrog can we not attract a real playmaker at receiver to Lincoln?

as far as NEEDS, i went with OL due to the small numbers in last year's class and the amount of time it takes to get people truly ready at that position. RB would shoot to the top though if heard didn't make it academically.

we definitely need to keep getting good quarterback prospects and a gamebreaker at WR would be nice, but missing on these wouldn't be as detrimental to future teams as would a weak OL class. other areas of particular need are TE, LB and DB.

OL is important, but a game breaking WR would really be a huge get for this class. a top flight reciever should be the numero uno priority since Niles will be leaving and there is no proven talent behind him as of right now. If we can get ourselves a Curt Evans, Tacoi Sumler, Evan Spencer, Miles Shuler, Davaris Daniels, Desmond Roland, or whoever we can realistically get would open up a whole new window for our offense.

as far as NEEDS, i went with OL due to the small numbers in last year's class and the amount of time it takes to get people truly ready at that position. RB would shoot to the top though if heard didn't make it academically.

we definitely need to keep getting good quarterback prospects and a gamebreaker at WR would be nice, but missing on these wouldn't be as detrimental to future teams as would a weak OL class. other areas of particular need are TE, LB and DB.

I could agree with the OL, but since we have 4 solid guys committed, all of which seem to be solid verbals I guess I went with what is most important out of what is left. To me that is definitely WR. At the beginning of the recruiting process I would have said OL, WR, DL, DB, QB.

Firstly, think football is all about lines but I can see we've addressed that one pretty well so...I voted WR, not only do I think we need a game changer at this position to replace Paul, but I think it's crucial to establish NU as a legitamit choice for future WR prospects. Currently, I just don't think Nu is even on the radar for the top flight kids at this position. I can't think of any other spot on the team that can't garner interest from high profile prospects, but then again most high profile WR's are prima donas so maybe it's just a chemistry thing.

Oh, I guess I wasn't taking our current 2011 commits into consideration.

And you might be right . . . I don't know exactly which the original poster was looking for.

Was the question "What position do we need the most considering our current commits?" or was it "What position is the biggest need in the class as a whole?"

I think you're right about the OL emphasis.

Oh, I guess I wasn't taking our current 2011 commits into consideration.

And you might be right . . . I don't know exactly which the original poster was looking for.

Was the question "What position do we need the most considering our current commits?" or was it "What position is the biggest need in the class as a whole?"

I think you're right about the OL emphasis.

if the question is what our REMAINING needs are, i would say RB if heard remains unqualified, and LB if he does make it to campus.