'Interest level high' in Memorial Stadium expansion

LINCOLN — Those who hold Nebraska football season tickets and those who want them are using a Husker survey to indicate to the athletic department that “the interest level is high” in possible expansion at Memorial Stadium.

Nearly 8,000 people have completed the survey, which NU will close on Friday.

“We’ve had waiting lists of about 3,000 people who want season tickets, if they ever became available,” said Paul Meyers, the Huskers’ associate athletic director for development and ticketing. “The final results of this survey will help us identify a more precise number of prospective season ticket-holders. Whatever process we use will be designed to pinpoint the number of fans who are truly interested in purchasing premium seating — both suite tickets and club tickets — as well as regular season tickets.

“There’s no question the survey is telling us that the interest level is high.”

Nebraska sent e-mails to an estimated 20,000 donors and season ticket-holders last week, and almost 6,400 have responded so far to the survey. Another 1,500 fans have completed it on Huskers.com.

The idea behind the survey is to give NU a read on the feasibility of any future project at Memorial Stadium, whether it be suites, club seats or additional regular seats on the east side. It also allows respondents to express opinions on such matters as seating areas, seatbacks, restrooms, concessions, access, sound systems and other amenities.

“We wanted facts to determine what our fans really want,” Meyers said on Huskers.com.

Filling out a survey form does not commit fans to purchase season tickets.

LINK

There are several Husker fans that are not season ticket holders that haven't done this survey that I know but would like to purchase season tickets. My opinion on this expansion on the east side is that it wouldn't hurt sellout streaks but it will give a lot of people who want season tickets the chance on being a season ticket holder.

I love Memorial Stadium and its location. The more we research adding seats and the number of fans who would buy season tickets the closer we come to the possibility of building a new stadium. I think this would be a bad idea and especially if they moved the stadium away from the UNL campus and downtown Lincoln.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:cheers

I love Memorial Stadium and its location. The more we research adding seats and the number of fans who would buy season tickets the closer we come to the possibility of building a new stadium. I think this would be a bad idea and especially if they moved the stadium away from the UNL campus and downtown Lincoln.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:cheers

Absolutely ZERO chance we build a new stadium within the next 50 years, barring unforeseen disasters.