1995 Nebraska vs. 2001 Miami

Would the best college football team of all time need a fluke play to help beat unranked Boston College?

thanks for the visual...i still remember the fluke play the 95 huskers had on the #2 team in the nation that was gonna dominate the 95 huskers...most of the team got their hands on the "non-hiesman" worthy quarterback, decided not to tackle him, and watch him run another 65 yards and score...

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

95 huskers can't hold a candlestick to the hurricanes.... :hellloooo :hellloooo :hellloooo :hellloooo

Would the best college football team of all time need a fluke play to help beat unranked Boston College?

HA! I had totally forgotten about this when this thread came up. Just think the team considered by many to be the greatest ever was 1 miracle play away from not even going undefeated.

Gotta love Ed Reed though...guy's a stud

2001 Miami Hurricane Football Team was the greatest College Football Team Ever assembled. 95 Huskers are 2nd.

You come over to this board and tell us we are turning our backs on the teams that benefited Nebraska and then you say the '95 Skers would loose to '01 Miami.

Wrong and wrong. By the way, I went to KU.....I want the best for KU and that is the Big12 so I get it. You're not gonna make many friends here though.

2001 Miami Hurricane Football Team was the greatest College Football Team Ever assembled. 95 Huskers are 2nd.

2001 Miami couldn't even score an offensive TD vs Bostn College, and only beat VTech 26-24. 1995 NU destroyed evey team, including 4 that finished in the top 10.

1971 NU some people think was the best ever. Beat the #s 2-3-4 teams in the final AP poll.

ESPN best teams

I'm guessing he's saying the best team ever assembled with regards to how those players on that team performed in the NFL. This may very well be true, but it doesn't mean they were the best team in college. Heck, CU had one of the best assembled teams I believe in 94' that had several first and second rounders on it but they didn't play that great as a team. It wasn't that long ago that one of our best assembled Olympic basketball teams didn't even win a medal.

I'm guessing he's saying the best team ever assembled with regards to how those players on that team performed in the NFL. This may very well be true, but it doesn't mean they were the best team in college. Heck, CU had one of the best assembled teams I believe in 94' that had several first and second rounders on it but they didn't play that great as a team. It wasn't that long ago that one of our best assembled Olympic basketball teams didn't even win a medal.

That does not make them the best TEAM though. That makes them a team with great individuals. Big difference.

That does not make them the best TEAM though. That makes them a team with great individuals. Big difference.

i tried to tell my miami fan roommate that